Dash lights out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had a strange one tonight. I leave the headlights in the on position all the time. When I start the truck, the lights turn on. Tonight, I got into the truck and cranked it. No dash lights. Center stack clock, radio, AC lights were "daytime" bright. I turned off the headlights and turned them back on, still no dash lights. I turned off the truck and the headlights off on the stalk. Started truck and turned on headlights, still no dash lights. So, I started home with no dash lights. A few miles up the road, the dash lights came on. Haven't had any repeat performances, but curious about what to look for. Also, no water leaks or related issues.

Thanks for any suggestions...

Just purchased an 02' and I got it home to discover my dash lights are out? Would it be just the fuse? Any reoccurrences since your last incident?

my daughter called the other night to say the dash lights were out in her toyota... Turns out she had somehow turned the adjustment switch to completely darken the dash - i.e. check the obvious first....

The clock, nav screen are on their own seperate dimmer sensor.
Just like the head lights have a sensor to turn them on when it gets dark the clock etc have their own sensor to dim them when it gets dark.
I do not know if the dash lights run off that same sensor or not.

I went back out and tried tapping the panel the dimmer switch is attached to and the lights turned on. Whew! So I know it's the switch connection-not the fuse. I'll see how long they stay on and access the dimmer switch plug if they go out again. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom