Dash lights on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1993 Cruiser sits more than it drives right now. Small parasitic drain somewhere that I haven’t traced down. Battery will die if not started and ran once every week or two. The battery finally went completely dead, and I changed It earlier this week. I jumped it over the weekend, but it wouldn’t stay running once unhooked. I noticed then that the A/T oil temp, brake, low oil, and voltage lights were all stuck on. They come on when started, stay on while running, shut off when key is turned off. I replaced the battery, and put on new fusible link and junction box. Lights still stay on, engine still runs great. Any ideas?

Thanks

I would check your grounds. Clean them and check for continuity.

As @voodu3 has stated above have your alternator tested. Your symptoms with several warning lights on the dash is typical of the alternator failure. Searching "Christmas tree lights" will provide confirmation of this.

That was going to be my first test unless someone said there was something else obvious. I’ll check it out tomorrow.
Thanks

Got a chance to run out and check. Battery only reads a little under 12 volts, so appears alternator is the problem.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom