Dash lights dim when Headlights are on? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I leave my headlights on all the time, and I have always had a hard time seeing the indicator lights on my heating/ac controls during the day. Today I flashed my lights at someone and noticed the heater lights, clock, and transimission indicator lights all get brighter with the headlights off.

Is this normal? They don't seem to react to the gauge light dimmer switch. The previous owner did the Slee headlight relay mod, and so far his wiring has been a nightmare.

Normal.

Yep, normal. That happens on every truck I've got, and on just about every car/truck that I remember. Intentionally set to be brighter during the day (when your headlights would be off) and then dim at night (when your headlights should be on). That way the dash lights don't affect your night vision. That's also why it's illegal in some jurisdictions to drive at night with your dome/map lights on.

Curious if anyone has figured out a way to have the brighter dash light mode with headlights on? I always have my lights on and it is very hard to see the climate control lights or the clock during the day.

Do the interior lights not react to the dimmer switch when the headlights are on? Because they should. And the slee kit would have no effect on that function.

It does react but the max bright setting is just not as bright as it is with the headlights off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom