Dash lights blowing fuse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 94 and my dash lights are blowing the fuse. It happened yesterday on the way to work. Read a bunch of threads on the subject. Got home looked at the tail lights that I just tinkered with. Didnt see anything. Put new fuse in all was well. Driving to work this am and again no dash lights. I drove a couple of miles before the fuse blew so it is taking somthing a bit to heat up before it blows. Could it be the relay? here are the things I've changed recently
  1. new low beams
  2. new reverse light bulb on driver side. Shouldnt be this as it only comes on when in reverse.
  3. got tires rotated at discount
What are your thoughts? I'm thinking a bad contact in the relay? A pinched wire would most likely be instontanious wouldnt it?

Tail lights and dash lights are on the same circuit. A problem in the tail lights is the most probable and can be caused by your trailer wiring or the converter box.

Is the converter box typically after market? I think I'm going to remove it. I cant imagine towing with a LC anyways. I'll see if that works.

Just noticed that there is moisture in my passenger side head light. I would think that could cause it?

PPC you called it. I removed the trailer wiring and converter box and all work as it should on the wat to work this am. Thanks agin for the help. Not sure what I would do with out this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom