Dash knobs fj 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need informatiopn on the best way to remove the dash knobs, (Heater Choke etc,) with causing as little damage as possible.

Thanks
tate

some have little set screws on the knob, others knobs just unscrew, some have a ring on the backside of the switch that come off 1st. Take your time if its not coming off look for something else that needs to come off..........then pull really hard :D

I believe that the choke does not come off but is perminantly attached to the knob. You have to disconnect the cable from the carb and then you can pull the whole cable out of the sheath. As for the other knobs most follow landpimps suggestions. If the knobs are dirty the set screws might be camoflaged so poke around with a scratch all or knife to locate. I got all mine off but couldn't remember where I put them all. Good idea to put em in a zip lock.

The choke cable has a 14 or 17 mm nut that is on the inside of the dash, where the cable passes through the dash, that holds that cable assembly into the dash.
The knob is not removable from the cable, on the pre 81 units.

On the heater, windshield washer, headlamp, etc switches, these knobs will unthread from the end of the switch, after the set screw is backed out. After the knob is removed, you then can use a strait snap ring plier, and seat the little tits on the end of the tool into the holes on the switch retaining nut.

Klear as mudd?

Good luck!

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom