Dash cover coming loose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey,

Hope everyone is having a great week. Wanted to see if anyone has ever ran across this on a 100 series? Any idea how to attack fixing it?

65584567349__59CFD0BB-EBEB-4924-BE03-C69BEF1977CE.jpg

That looks like it's seen a lot of sun and is now shrunk and warped. Replacing the dash is the only proper way to fix it but I've seen a lot of them (other cars, not 100's) that were glued back down with some heavy weights placed on top. It will never look right though. I'd wait until the windshield needs to be replaced before doing anything.

Can't say I have seen this before. Have you tried to warm is up with some steam and see if you can glue it back?

I haven't yet but I was thinking something like that. what type of glue do you think would hold it in place?
Not sure, probably some kind of 3M adhesive

This is exactly what happened to mine. Do not try to bend it back when it is cold -- it will crack/tear it.

I went through options of gluing/screwing/ect. The best option is replacing the dash. Its quite the job, but possible. I wrote up a thread on replacement if that's what you decide to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom