darn liscense plate bulbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, so it's snowing out and very cold. Got another ticket tonight for now being able to see my plate. I need to move it, which I'll do on Sat, but was trying to replace the darn bulbs for the current light. After you take out the two screws holding it in, how the heck do you get the darn things apart. :eek: ??? :-[ I was about 2 seconds away from just smashing it with the bffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffh. This has to be easy, but someone smack me in the head please. :flipoff2:

Man, I just did this about 8 - 9 months ago, but don't really remember. I do remember that the gaskets taht hold the light assemblies in get old, and that I had all the screws out but still had to pry the damn assembly out because the gasket 'adhered' it in there.

If you havn't already, you might remove the interior panel, then the access panel from inside the tailgait to see if you can get a look from behind.

If I remember right, the light bulbs themselves were a biatch to get out too, but I think they just pull straight out with some force.

Good luck on what should have been a 1/8 :banana: job, but not wanting to break anything makes it more difficult than it should be.

Those darn bulbs! I was getting my truck inspected a month ago and one was out, soooo, the guy at the quicky lube place said we got those i'll just swap one in. :slap: Charged me $10 per bulb :doh:. But i do remember him having to pry the gasket out with a screwdriver.

Junk,

Just pry the plastic dome cover wtih a screwdriver. Where I really had trouble was grasping the old bulbs hard enough to pull them out! Those mo fos are just too slippery. On one of them I finally said fawk it and just smashed them using a needle nose plier then pulled it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom