dana 60 front I am at a crossroads!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
hi guys. I am a newb here but have built a couple trucks and a 40. I just picked up a rusted but complete 77 fj 40. I plan on a dd with 35's but no bigger than 38's and that wouldn't be for a while if ever. my problem is I have a tricked out dana 60 front with 70 outers redneck ram crossover highsteer beefy tierods 1/4 diff cover 4.10 and open ( I spent all my money on the other junk!) well my problem is I really don't see me using it on the cruiser. I'm thinking longfields and chromo should be fine. so do I sell it to my friend for 2500 and get my alu tub or do I keep it for the future? the last thing I built was a blazer that was crappy on the road but great in moab. I am interested in something that can take me snowboarding, hunting, camping, AND wheeling. HELP I love that 60 but I don't think I'll need it. :confused: opinions appreciated!!!!

here's a pic of my rust bucket :cheers:

Last edited:
Go with the new tub, the stock axles can be beefed up enough to handle what you'll use it for.

nothing is unbreakable, I've proven that....if you have "any" sanity, then the longfield setup will work great for you....

sadly, C and I don't, and C has the noteriety of being the first person to ever break a PIG Gen2 short side inner front 4340 shaft....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom