Damn the torpedoes...here come the vents! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
FINALLLY did it. Massive heat dissipation.
DSCN4376a.jpg

Howdy! Looks good!. What vent grills did you use? What's it look like on the inside of the hood? More pix. John

wow. not just 2, but 4. looks very nice. good job.

Jon

Thanks - I was so wanting to do this for so long, I'm glad it's done.
I still have to reinstall the underhood insulation - we (well, my bro) had to cut into one brace. We may bridge-tack this later. No looseness as is. Size and shape dictated placement. Will work on water drains later. The centers expel heat at the highest point. The side vents provide for cross-flow when parked.

Oh, I used TA hood vents. I actually have an extra set (for just in case) I might put in the classifieds.
We pulled the hood and flipped it over on a raised, padded work table, cutting from the inside with a small pneumatic cutting wheel for control and precision.
Much safer than the jigsaw I was originally going to use!
DSCN4374a.jpg
DSCN4375a.jpg
DSCN4378a.jpg

Third gen 87-89 T/A hood vents are where all 4 of them come from, have one of them sitting at my house right now waiting to become a roadracer.

Seen several threads lately on the hood vents. But is there any documentation to prove this really helps the temps? Would be interested to know before / after running temps and how much they help.

Seen several threads lately on the hood vents. But is there any documentation to prove this really helps the temps? Would be interested to know before / after running temps and how much they help.

x2 I keep asking the same question and I think there no data to back this up. That said they good cool as heck!

nice job:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom