Damaged hardline...what does thid go to? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,

A few months back I had Metal Tech rock sliders installed on my LX470. After getting some new SCS wheels, I realized my drivers side slider was installed too far forward and is now rubbing.

So, I took a look at the slider install and realized that they did a pretty s*** job. Not only did they mount it too far forward, but they also installed the U Bolts on the OUTSIDE of the hard lines running along the inside of the frame.

The result of this is that one of the hard lines is crushed / kinked pretty bad. (See pics below)

My question is, is this an AHC hard line or does it go to something else? Is this cause for concern and something that will need to be addressed and replaced ASAP, or not a huge deal?

It's pretty frustrating, as the shop that did the install is far and away the most reputable Land Cruiser shop in the PNW. I can't believe they would do such a lazy, sloppy install.

I guess that's what I get for trying to save myself a bit of time by not doing it myself.

Any thoughts, help or answers would be greatly appreciated!

20210117_093030.jpg

20210116_123349.jpg

Wow, that's surprising. I know the brake lines for sure run down the DS frame rail, but don't have AHC on my truck, so don't know if those run PS or both. If it's AHC, I wouldn't say it's urgent, if it's brakes, it definitely is. You should be able to follow it along the frame, see if it goes to a brake soft line or to an AHC component.

Dang....they crushed it good!

Wife has got the LX out on an errand right now so I can't look, but its either AHC or Brake lines for sure. You could just follow it forwards or backwards and see.

You should 100% take it back to the shop and have them fix this. That's their problem now as far as I am concerned.

Yeah. I was gonna attempt to fix it myself this afternoon, but after realizing that these are likely rear brake lines, I'm gonna call the shop and politely demand that they fix it.

Still can't believe a reputable, dedicated Land Cruiser shop would do such a terrible install.

Stuff like this why i never let anyone touch my cars except me. How can a mechanic blatantly miss this? I've installed tons of sliders for my cruiser and others, the brake line is right in your face when you try to snake the U-bolt around. Come 'on

Everyone makes mistakes. As long as they fix it all id chalk it up to bad luck. If they give you anything besides sincere apologies then I would be pissed.

Everyone makes mistakes. As long as they fix it all id chalk it up to bad luck. If they give you anything besides sincere apologies then I would be pissed.

Yeah, this is how I feel. I don't want to name the shop or put them on blast in this thread. I'm hopeful that they'll fix it with no drama when I speak with them tomorrow.

If they do, I'll be happy.

Fingers crossed!

Yeah, this is how I feel. I don't want to name the shop or put them on blast in this thread. I'm hopeful that they'll fix it with no drama when I speak with them tomorrow.

If they do, I'll be happy.

Fingers crossed!

If they do then they are a good shop. We would like to know the name of good shop too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom