damaged clear coat on wheels... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
anybody has advice on how to fix the clear coat on the alloy wheels?
Mine is showing some small cracks/peeling near the edges (salt/water getting under?)
would like to stop that or fix it
thx
E

If your wheels are not painted (the LX450 wheels appear to be). Use a chemical paint remover, then have them reshoot the clearcoat at a body shop.

Hoser's advice is right on, and I only want to add this to it ... whatever stripper you use, make SURE it is safe for aluminum or else the metal will turn chalky white. HTH For something even stronger than regular clearcoat, get the POR 15 clear coat product it will last forever. Take Care.

I heard that you can get the stock 80 wheels powder coated. Anyone know anything about this?

You might want to consider glass beading instead of stripper. It will help remove the small scratches and the anodizing where the weights have been attached. I did this to my aluminum wheels on my 60 and they cleaned up real well. Cheers, Greg.

It was $250 to blast and powdercoat my wheels black. He had a nice looking silverfor german car wheels that looked really nice.

[quote author=hpantier link=board=2;threadid=12948;start=msg119536#msg119536 date=1079041425]
I heard that you can get the stock 80 wheels powder coated. Anyone know anything about this?
[/quote]Look at the post directly above yours, with the big picture of the powder coated stock 80 wheel ::) :slap: :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom