Damage Control by Bink's Offroad & Fabrication

Discussion in 'Exterior - Armor' started by BinksFab, Dec 3, 2018 at 12:07 AM.

1. BinksFab

BinksFab Supporting Vendor

I'd like to start off by saying hello and then preface this by thanking everyone who has waited for their immense patience. Those who know who I am know that until now I built these bumpers in small batches and was a bit of a pain in the arse to get in contact with in order to get on the all too short build list. Over the years I've had a plate that seemed to always be spilling over the sides with custom work. I am forever grateful that I've stayed as busy as I have through out the years and have finally got myself into a position to develop and produce parts for the Land Cruiser community on a consistent basis. This has been what I have been ultimately after these past few years and the transition from a full custom shop to focusing on production parts has been, for the lack of better words, totally nuts.

The first product that will be available is our front bumper. As of now, I will be communicating and taking orders on here, Instagram, and soon to be, Facebook. We are in the process of working on a website to make ordering easier. All bumpers will come standard with the single tube, a fairlead mount, and the license plate mount. We have tested and fitted many winches on these so if you have any questions please feel free to ask. As of now, the only option is what I am calling expedition style tubework. This style has a slightly taller center bar and tubes that protect the headlamps. Currently, lights are top or tube mounted. Future models may include lights integrated into the front platework of the bumper. I have two light brands in mind but I want to do some fitment and testing before I make the commitment to one of them.

All earlier bumpers were CNC plasma cut personally by me and then CNC formed by a local shop. Now all parts are 3d modeled for refinement, laser cut, CNC formed, and then assembled on a fixture table by us. The center section of the bumper and winch plate are 1/4" steel and the outer wings are 3/16" steel. Both are internally gusseted for added strength. If you guys have any questions about specs, please feel free to ask. I am also open to discussion about added options if they are things that multiple people are interested in. I want to keep all these parts production based but after all I am building them for the enthusiasts to use and enjoy. As for now I am going to leave you folks for the evening with some pictures and I will be back tomorrow to answer any questions and to talk about pricing.

IMG_3816.jpg

IMG_3818.jpg

IMG_3820.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

IMG_3823.jpg

JWolfi likes this.
  2. BinksFab

Some pictures of both styles of tubework and some assembly pics

2028.JPG

IMG_0522 (1).JPG

2030.JPG

IMG_4816.jpg

HARDGEAR likes this.
  3. BinksFab

Last of the assembly pics for tonight

IMG_4789.jpg

IMG_4791.jpg

IMG_4792.jpg

IMG_4793.jpg

IMG_4820.jpg

JWolfi, OverLand Cruisers and NateMob like this.
  4. BinksFab

Almost forgot our new logo!

IMG_3828.jpg

NateMob likes this.
  5. NateMob

NateMob

Media:
    Albums:
    Gorgeous, does this require you notch/trim the frame rails for max approach angle?

Interior gusseting is niiiice! :cheers:

6. NateMob

NateMob

Media:
    Albums:
    Also want some details on that AC guard!

BinksFab likes this.
  7. BinksFab

The bumper does require a slight trim of the front of the frame rails. A template is included with bumpers we ship and like always any I sell to customers that pick up I offer free installation:) The trim is very minor and would allow the factory brackets and stock bumper to be installed if ever the case arose.
    Good eye on the guard for the AC dryer! This is another product I designed and will be selling. I'll have to see if I have more pictures on this computer as I haven't assembled any more yet and I just sold my last one. It utilizes the mounts for the factory bracket and secures the dryer inside with a clamp. I was't too fond of bending older aluminum lines to move this and the reality to me was that my 80 just isn't gonna be a rock crawler. I was figuring there would be people out there on the same page as myself!

bwesty, Cruiser Bauers and NateMob like this.
  8. mannyb1fz

mannyb1fz

Media:
    yessss. quote please. as a kit and/or built. shipped to 92870

9. Cruiser Bauers

Cruiser Bauers SILVER Star

Interested in the protection for the AC dryer.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 10:09 PM
  10. Arya Ebrahimi

Arya Ebrahimi

Glad to see these coming back on line. Been a fan of them since Booger Weldz had his.

The gusseting has me worried from an East Coast mud/salt perspective though. Doesn't look like there's any way to really get a good coat of paint inside the wings.

JWolfi likes this.
  11. JWolfi

JWolfi

Very Interested, However I'm currently still a poor college student or I would have pm'd by now! Hopefully one day soon tho!:clap:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.