Damage Control by Bink's Offroad & Fabrication

BinksFab

Supporting Vendor
I'd like to start off by saying hello and then preface this by thanking everyone who has waited for their immense patience. Those who know who I am know that until now I built these bumpers in small batches and was a bit of a pain in the arse to get in contact with in order to get on the all too short build list. Over the years I've had a plate that seemed to always be spilling over the sides with custom work. I am forever grateful that I've stayed as busy as I have through out the years and have finally got myself into a position to develop and produce parts for the Land Cruiser community on a consistent basis. This has been what I have been ultimately after these past few years and the transition from a full custom shop to focusing on production parts has been, for the lack of better words, totally nuts.

The first product that will be available is our front bumper. As of now, I will be communicating and taking orders on here, Instagram, and soon to be, Facebook. We are in the process of working on a website to make ordering easier. All bumpers will come standard with the single tube, a fairlead mount, and the license plate mount. We have tested and fitted many winches on these so if you have any questions please feel free to ask. As of now, the only option is what I am calling expedition style tubework. This style has a slightly taller center bar and tubes that protect the headlamps. Currently, lights are top or tube mounted. Future models may include lights integrated into the front platework of the bumper. I have two light brands in mind but I want to do some fitment and testing before I make the commitment to one of them.

All earlier bumpers were CNC plasma cut personally by me and then CNC formed by a local shop. Now all parts are 3d modeled for refinement, laser cut, CNC formed, and then assembled on a fixture table by us. The center section of the bumper and winch plate are 1/4" steel and the outer wings are 3/16" steel. Both are internally gusseted for added strength. If you guys have any questions about specs, please feel free to ask. I am also open to discussion about added options if they are things that multiple people are interested in. I want to keep all these parts production based but after all I am building them for the enthusiasts to use and enjoy. As for now I am going to leave you folks for the evening with some pictures and I will be back tomorrow to answer any questions and to talk about pricing.

IMG_3816.jpg

IMG_3818.jpg

IMG_3820.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

IMG_3823.jpg

Gorgeous, does this require you notch/trim the frame rails for max approach angle?

Interior gusseting is niiiice! :cheers:

BinksFab

Supporting Vendor
The bumper does require a slight trim of the front of the frame rails. A template is included with bumpers we ship and like always any I sell to customers that pick up I offer free installation:) The trim is very minor and would allow the factory brackets and stock bumper to be installed if ever the case arose.
Good eye on the guard for the AC dryer! This is another product I designed and will be selling. I'll have to see if I have more pictures on this computer as I haven't assembled any more yet and I just sold my last one. It utilizes the mounts for the factory bracket and secures the dryer inside with a clamp. I was't too fond of bending older aluminum lines to move this and the reality to me was that my 80 just isn't gonna be a rock crawler. I was figuring there would be people out there on the same page as myself!

Glad to see these coming back on line. Been a fan of them since Booger Weldz had his.

The gusseting has me worried from an East Coast mud/salt perspective though. Doesn't look like there's any way to really get a good coat of paint inside the wings.

BinksFab

Supporting Vendor
I'm waiting on the AC dryer mounts to get back from powdercoat. They are $64.95 plus shipping and they come with the hardware and clamp needed.

Arya, that is a valid concern that I am going to look in to. I want to be able to give the customer the option of having lights in the wings as well so maybe I will see about changing the gusset to allow you to get in there better with paint or powder and also the hose to get debris out. It's been almost 10 years since I lived on the east coast so I've basically deleted the thought of salt out of my mind!

Yeah it's been like 6 years or so since we first built that one for Paul. I haven't seen him in some time but man is he a character in person!

duggy

SILVER Star
If you're looking to add lights in the wings then please add this to my order also along with the cutout for the lights in the wing. I don't know how much longer this would add to the lead time, let me know so we could discuss the options. Thanks sir!

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star
Didn't you build a rear at one point? It was on an 80 that got a full suspension overhaul, sliders, fender bars and front and rear bumpers... I may be mis-remembering, but if that was your work, is there a plan to resurrect that design? Seems like it had a clover on some of the details.

Working on a site now. We probably won't have it up until after the holidays. It's just my girlfriend and I working on it and I'm trying to get bumpers built and a few things finalized so we have more current and quality pictures.
I run a digital marketing agency and would be happy to help you out on website development and other digital needs on trade.

BinksFab

Supporting Vendor
Didn't you build a rear at one point? It was on an 80 that got a full suspension overhaul, sliders, fender bars and front and rear bumpers... I may be mis-remembering, but if that was your work, is there a plan to resurrect that design? Seems like it had a clover on some of the details.
We did build a rear one and will be releasing it again soon. All of this stuff was originally built with posterboard templates and my plasma table. Basically what I am doing now is remodeling everything in 3d and refining certain things that still needed ground to fit. Not that any major changes are being made but it's amazing how the front bumper went from something that requires some "fiddling" to get all the outer parts to fit proper to every one clicking together like puzzle pieces. The rear will be the same. There were actually only two that we ever built and both wound up having some of the rear corner pieces cut by hand to fit. I want to eliminate all that and make that one click together like a puzzle too.

I run a digital marketing agency and would be happy to help you out on website development and other digital needs on trade.
Can you send me a link to your website or some work you have done please?

We did build a rear one and will be releasing it again soon. All of this stuff was originally built with posterboard templates and my plasma table. Basically what I am doing now is remodeling everything in 3d and refining certain things that still needed ground to fit. Not that any major changes are being made but it's amazing how the front bumper went from something that requires some "fiddling" to get all the outer parts to fit proper to every one clicking together like puzzle pieces. The rear will be the same. There were actually only two that we ever built and both wound up having some of the rear corner pieces cut by hand to fit. I want to eliminate all that and make that one click together like a puzzle too.

I work with a ton of different developers, and can get some samples of their work. Typically the most cost effective way to go is to customize a Wordpress template for your needs. Lot's of modern design templates and tons of off the shelf plugin integrations to accomplish whatever you need. My current website, honestly is crap, and the home page is broken thanks to Godaddy changing up the server. I'll be done with my new one hopefully by next week and can share that no problem when done. I've focused on just doing digital advertising the last 7 years supporting other agencies, and am switching things up to offer all digital services just now. PM me your email address and I'll get you some samples.

BTW, I really like the slim wings/corners on your bumpers. Looking forward to seeing the rear designs as well.

Top Bottom