SOLD Dallas, TX: 1985 FJ-60, 208k miles, Red, Texas Truck, $21,500. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Red
1985 Red FJ-60. I'm the third owner, its lived in San Antonio, TX, Tulsa, Oklahoma, and now Dallas for the past 8 years. Great condition, no rust. I use Buddy at the Nationally famous Cruiser Shop here in Dallas for all maintenance (now Oklahoma). He has in the past 3 years done a full front axle rebuild, complete brake job, all coolant lines, entire fuel system from tank to carburetor rebuild including reman of fuel/air manifold, Carb rebuild, complete baseline of all fluids, etc. The Oklahoma owner installed a new fuel tank, OME 2" lift, ARB front bumper with car tow bar, custom rear bumper with tire carrier, new speakers, back paneling and rubber matting, side marker lights, tail lights, and various small items. I have installed a new Smittybuilt console, dash cap (not glued just floating), had the exterior re-painted, new BFGs 2019, new radio head unit, new choke cable, new hood release cable, correct interior stickers, new headlights, new HVAC system (134A), oem front seat cushion repaired, lots of rubbing and tlc.
Its my weekend driver in town, kids soccer games/practice and the like. Maybe a date night with my wife. A valet dubbed her 'Big Sexy' and the name has stuck. If valeted she usually gets parked up front with the high end vehicles. Very good looking rig. It doesnt NEED anything to run and drive comfortably but there are are dated items that can be addressed such as, air filter box has a rust hole that is taped up (i have a new one), wiring for off road lights and old stereo system could be cleaned up, new side mirrors would be good, and the window tint could be replaced. I randomly order parts from cruisercorps and replace. Selling because family needs the garage space. So for now I enjoy driving her around town running errands (like yesterday). she runs and drives great, love the 4 speed transmission.
Let me know what questions you have. Asking $21,500.

Will
214-686-5359

IMG_6581.jpg

IMG_6582.jpg

IMG_6585.jpg

IMG_6586.jpg

IMG_6588.jpg

Last edited:
If only it still had the headlight washers......it’d be perfect. Well, maybe an H55 conversion also. Seriously though, awesome vehicle just like she sits!

FYI....The red ones have been selling for $$$$$ on BAT lately. yours looks like a nice one and you might consider running it on Bringatrailer with a reserve of your current asking price

This might be a silly question but would I be able to take the snorkle off without any damage or would there be a way to cap the snorkel with something smaller?

Thank you for the nice comments. Now some answers.
I do have the headlight washers, they’re in my spare parts box.
I think the dash cap came from cruisercorps, but maybe specter? I’ll check my records.
Great advice on the BAT, I’ll look into it.
On the snorkel, there is a 2.5inch hole in the fender where it was installed, I don’t think removing is an option. You could take the top intake off but that may look goofy.

If this is still available in 6 weeks, I’ll be in touch to schedule a visit and inspection. It would be more immediate but I’ve just signed a contract to buy a new house that will require temporary financing and I don’t want to spend any money before the bank approves everything. They can be skid dish when they see cash exiting your account. Your 60 would look great with my 40.

I checked this one out pretty thoroughly including a test drive. After thinking long and hard, I went a different direction (severely overpaid for an FJ62). Just know that this 60 is being very fairly represented. It is very clean and runs good and strong. It is indeed rust free. After all the shopping I have done, in my opinion it is priced fairly. Someone will end up with a very nice cruiser.
Good luck with the sale, Will.

nice looking truck, but that taped up air filter housing (airbox) hurts my eyes!!

I probably have a good replacement in the pile if you'd be interested for maybe $50 plus shipping - PM me if so

This still available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom