For Sale Dallas, TX. 1981 LWB FJ45 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 45 Series
Asking $25,000 OBO. I’m looking to move this truck relatively quickly so all reasonable offers will be considered, honest review of the truck is below. SOR headliner will be included in the deal as well as whatever parts I still have sitting around.

1981 Toyota Fj45 LWB for sale, imported from Venezuela with clean TX title. Somewhere between a project and daily driver in terms of quality. Minimal surface rust in the usual places, nice “lived in” patina, no evident cancer. All repairs listed below completed in the past year, professional work completed by Black Dog Traders

The good:

• Factory Dana rear axle.
  • Rare H55f 5 speed transmission
  • Original 2f motor, runs extremely well (can cruise at 70mph all day, have driven the truck from Dallas to Big Bend NP and back).
  • New 4 core radiator, and water pump, fan only engages when the weather is above 100.
  • New front and rear driveshafts.
  • New clutch master and slave cylinders.
  • Rear drum brakes professionally restored and aligned, strong brake pressure and will squeal the tires if you ask it to.
  • Aftermarket wiper motor (originals NLA everywhere) with intermittent wiping.
  • LED lights front and rear, Trucklight headlights and retro-style round turn signals installed.
  • Professionally installed full wiring harness (original was a mess).
  • New (quiet) exhaust.
  • New American Racing steel wheels and BFG KO2 tires with full sized spare.

The Bad

• Steering system will need an overhaul, PS fluid leak from the pitman arm, knocking from steering u-joint when turning over rough surface.
  • Suspension will need replacing, rides like the 40 year old farm truck that it is.
  • No heat, no A/C.
  • Carb will need professional tuning or rebuild, runs very rich and will diesel occasionally on shut down.

The Ugly

• Paint is good from far, but far from good, cheap spray job that wasn’t blasted prior. Bubbling in several places, pealing in others. I can send specific photos if requested.
  • Gauge cluster is not original, actual mileage unknown (estimate below 100k). Only gauge that works is speedo.
  • Passenger window fractured, will need replacing.
  • Cheap tint on windows will need removing, tint on inside of windshield has left a large sticker burn-in/shadow.
  • The insides of the doors are banged up near the dashboard, PO tried to “make room” for a 70 series dash. Not noticeable unless you know about it, but regrettable.
Thanks for your interest!

FE9B081D-8041-4E67-83E3-F9D4DBC9D5B7.jpeg

7D6DDB15-0666-4294-9FDB-4A06AF24380E.jpeg

D7504449-97AD-42DD-9E56-621698113BF1.jpeg

3F457BDA-C166-4D01-B7A3-A855A1DFC2E6.jpeg

1B6FC206-8EE2-48B1-9445-80074AA97A40.jpeg

lots of "interesting" modifications on this rig

You know how those SA trucks can be sometime… Pricing these things is hard, very few on the market so I’m open to suggestions. Obviously I can sell it for $4k but looking to be honest with what I have and get honest offers in return.

I saw this one when it was for sale previously. Not knowing anything about the "newer" FJ45's I was a little concerned by the dash. I'm glad it was an attempt at a retrofit and not how they came from the factory. It looked weird! I was planning on blacking out all the chrome too. Good choice on the wheels. Anyway good luck with the sale!

I saw this one when it was for sale previously. Not knowing anything about the "newer" FJ45's I was a little concerned by the dash. I'm glad it was an attempt at a retrofit and not how they came from the factory. It looked weird! I was planning on blacking out all the chrome too. Good choice on the wheels. Anyway good luck with the sale!
@toddm Do you have a link for the previous for sale thread? I looked back in this forum but did not see it. Perhaps it was previously sold on another platform?

I have also PM’d with no reply

the OP hasn't been on mud since Aug 5th

@toddm Do you have a link for the previous for sale thread? I looked back in this forum but did not see it. Perhaps it was previously sold on another platform?
Sorry for the late reply. Ebay is where I originally saw it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom