SOLD Dallas: 2006 Lexus LX470, 3-owner CA/TX, 293k, dark gray, sorted, $12,500 (1 Viewer)

The amazing fact is that these trucks are built to go 400K-beyond
I know several people on the original motor + transmission etc
and have 406,000 miles, 458,000 miles and one at 535,000 MILES.

Not sure why these trucks haven't taken off in value, especially when all maintenance is done.

Not sure why these trucks haven't taken off in value, especially when all maintenance is done.

I don't think KBB is the ultimate source of what a vehicle is/isn't worth -but- I do think it's a good indication. There are a lot of cars that sell well under the KBB value while others sell well above. I don't think I've ever seen a LC/LX at or even near the KBB; they are always well above.

Texas 2006 LX470 with 293k in Excellent condition (top 3% of all cars) average book value = $11.6
kbb.JPG

I appreciate the input. Original asking price was $17,500. I may still be a bit flexible.

edit: target audience here isn’t one looking for something 100% stock with the chrome wheels. this is for someone who would do the common, quite modest, and well-thought out updates noted above anyway. this is obviously not a trail rat nor highly worn, and is a great balance of something between the two kinds of variations we see on the market.

I kinda agree with Bama newb, your truck really only have a lift as any real added value. About a month or so a black 06 or 07 was listed on here for about the same price, I think 17k but it had lift, front and rear bumper, and I think dual battery setup and I think about 20k less miles than yours and even that one took a little while to sell. I offer this input not to criticize your price or vehicle, it looks nice and well maintained but it seems like you're genuinely curious about the lack of interest.

Thanks- agreed and I appreciate the supporting info you and others have now replied with.

I’m more comfortable with the asking price now and think it’s worth closer to this, between my original asking and KBB. I certainly don’t want to be one of those “I know what I’ve got” bros, so hopefully the asking is now reasonable. I’ll even throw in a case of beer or decent bottle of whisky if it’s requested. ;)

Lonegrasshopper

SILVER Star
I could be wrong, but I think your price point is around $11k-$13k tops. $14.5k still feels a bit off with your mileage, and unaddressed issues. It is clean!

Last edited:
Unaddressed issues? Sorry, did you not read the first post? :) I mean, the gas tank IS almost empty right now but I'll fill it up in time for the buyer's arrival...

I did want to bump this though for what I expect to be my last price drop. Honestly thought this was going to be more of a find than I imagined, but guess the mileage is hurting its cause. Was $14,500, now listed on Craigslist in Denver and Colorado Springs for $12,500. Pending interest from someone in Chicago.

Lonegrasshopper

SILVER Star
Unaddressed issues? Sorry, did you not read the first post? :) I mean, the gas tank IS almost empty right now but I'll fill it up in time for the buyer's arrival...

I did want to bump this though for what I expect to be my last price drop. Honestly thought this was going to be more of a find than I imagined, but guess the mileage is hurting its cause. Was $14,500, now listed on Craigslist in Denver and Colorado Springs for $12,500. Pending interest from someone in Chicago.
Oh, yeah, I read it all. If I was considering on purchasing I’ll have a mechanic check it over, and, yes, your rig has issues. You addressed them in the post, but I would want them addressed before I purchased. You see? Dude, take care of your house.

Indeed I did- lighten up, guy. And I'll try and take better care of my stuff... :rolleyes:

That said, mechanics/PPI welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom