Dakoda Digital VSS to 60 split case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DangerNoodle

Essentially a fire wielding monkey.
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
I looked around a bit, but haven't seen anyone with this problem yet.

I got a Dakoda Digital RTX kit, and the VSS sensor has the normal square speedo cable like this:

20210201_113556.jpg

I also recently got a FJ60 Split Case from Georg. I believe it is a 34MM idler, not sure exactly what year. The speedo cable hole is rounded with the notches on each side.

20210201_113421.jpg

Does anyone know how to adapt this so I can run the VSS?

Thanks,

-Noodle

I looked around a bit, but haven't seen anyone with this problem yet.

I got a Dakoda Digital RTX kit, and the VSS sensor has the normal square speedo cable like this:

View attachment 2572134

I also recently got a FJ60 Split Case from Georg. I believe it is a 34MM idler, not sure exactly what year. The speedo cable hole is rounded with the notches on each side.

View attachment 2572135

Does anyone know how to adapt this so I can run the VSS?

Thanks,

-Noodle
No, but I would cap it and run the gps module. That's what I did and it's awesome

No, but I would cap it and run the gps module. That's what I did and it's awesome

Have you had any connectivity issues? I'm just afraid that I am going to have problems with it. I would feel a lot better with a physical solution, though.

I've got the GPS module on my VHX and haven't had any problem with it dropping out. What I don't like is waiting for the GPS to acquire a lock and the lag in reporting speed. For 90% of the driving it probably isn't a real issue. Call Dakota and ask them about an adapter. I really like their customer service.

DJ - Give this place a call, Sacramento, CA - Commercial Speedometer (916-371-5873). They may have an adapter that would work?

Call Jags That Run

I have the vehicle speed sensor from Jags that run for the engine computer, I did not use it, let me know if u need that

Are you using it for engine computer, or strictly speedometer?

Strictly speedo. I'd rather find an adapter so I don't have to spend another $200 just for the speedo.

I may just make one. I can probably square out a hole and get that tang adapter and just stick them together. Dunno how well that would work though.

Basically that is what you would have with any adapter. Dakota had a brass fitting in my VHX kit that basically did the same thing.

Basically that is what you would have with any adapter. Dakota had a brass fitting in my VHX kit that basically did the same thing.

Do you happen to have a picture of that?

I'm not sure if my kit came with one of those. I think I may need to go look again and check.

speedo_tang_01.jpg
speedo_tang_02.jpg
speedo_tang_03.jpg

Ok, I found the tang they provided. Solved, cause I'm dumb! :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom