Daily funny pics (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

51454136_1153404638167027_8210977086169415680_n.jpg

Not surprising.

It's not hypocrisy as much as it is a political chess game. Many states and municipalities prohibit the opening of adult book stores or strip clubs within a specific distance of a church. When one of those adult businesses comes to town, the local church will rent a space next to them and set it up as an annex. The church knows that these adult stores have a tendency to go out of business or change hands a lot. When the owner goes belly-up, they can't re-open another store at that location. They have to find somewhere else to peddle their wares. Sucks for the business owner but in most cases, the surrounding businesses are on the side of the church. I know if I were a business owner, I'd rather have a church as a neighbor than the other.

Last edited:
It's not hypocrisy as much as it is a political chess game. Many states and municipalities prohibit the opening of adult book stores or strip clubs within a specific distance of a church. When one of those adult businesses comes to town, the local church will rent a space next to them and set it up as an annex. The church knows that these adult stores have a tendency to go out of business or change hands a lot. When the owner goes belly-up, they can't re-open another store at that location. They have to find somewhere else to peddle their wares. Sucks for the business owner but in most cases, the surrounding businesses are on the side of the church. I know if I were a business owner, I'd rather have a church as a neighbor than the other.
Interesting! I did not know that. My comment was written because at the same time this was posted and I saw it, I was having a discussion with a friend about hypocrisy in standards - sexual standards and feigned morality.

But thank you for sharing that; I learned something. :)

Although, based on what’s going on with the SBC right now...

Small Block Chevy? :)

I don't want to know, but the "economist" part of me wants to understand how these adult book stores and video stores are still in business with the Internet, etc. I guess it is a "labor of love" for them.

Interesting! I did not know that. My comment was written because at the same time this was posted and I saw it, I was having a discussion with a friend about hypocrisy in standards - sexual standards and feigned morality.

But thank you for sharing that; I learned something. :)
That is why I am opening my warehouse next to a strip club, directly connected to it and sharing a door and everything. Will wait them out!

I just deleted my "why" because for a second there you had me going on the 'not in my good Christian suburbs' bit. Ahaha

That is why I am opening my warehouse next to a strip club, directly connected to it and sharing a door and everything. Will wait them out!

Funny I just got a second job as a bouncer at one for the same reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom