Daily driving a Solid Axle Land Cruiser (I hope) for the next 20+ Years?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sas 100 is a waste of time IMHO. It’s wide and the frame’se front end will not accept a solid axle as the 105’s. Just stick the v8 in the 80 and call it a day then.

Sas 100 is a waste of time IMHO. It’s wide and the frame’se front end will not accept a solid axle as the 105’s. Just stick the v8 in the 80 and call it a day then.
Plus the chassis is different, they need lots of lift to fit a solid axle under the front.

Man, this and many of the other replies on this post are awesome! Much thanks to everyone that has chimed-in. Hopefully it will help others who may be in a similar situation!

Plus the chassis is different, they need lots of lift to fit a solid axle under the front.

I disagree with both of these statements. :)

I suppose my 100 is taller than most modified 100's, but I don't consider it "tall". It still fits in the 7' parking garage at work with several inches to spare.

Last edited:
Yeah, the more I thought about it, I really don't think I could move-on to a Rubicon.

Thanks, will look into this anyway, as a SAS 2005 100series would be awesome! Was also thinking to be patient until I possibly come across one that's for sale... or do those sell fast?

Thats why I had the mindset of trying to have just one vehicle. Even with the stock gearing and 35's I cruise comfortably @75 in So Cal, and @55-60 up steep grades like the grapevine. To put things into perspective, last night I test towed a friends 1800lb pop-up trailer up a #3-mile grade that was @7% incline. Had to switch down to "2" from "D" and maintained a speed of @55mph while the engine was @3700rpm. I dont plan on getting a big camper or toy hauler (just for a couple of quads and a dirt bike), so if I re-gear to 4.88, and keep the trailer under 3500lbs, I should be okay right?

View attachment 1979950

Going up the mountain pass in 2nd gear at 3500-4500 rpm should not really be a problem considering how smooth and easy these motors roll up past 5000. How often are you going to need to do that: 3 times a week, or 3 times a year? Hard to spend the money for something you only do on a rare occasion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom