Dad's Lx470 winning now its colder? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
my dads got a 2000 lx470 got it this year. he drove it back from cali and took it to lexus dealer in Phx. They changed all oils and did the service and then he drove it here to prescott az. Now the temp has dropped a bit lalty and the cruiser seems to wine a bit in maybe in the tranny? cant tell for sure but i guess my question is does this have anything or could have anything to do with the weight of the oil used? Phx is a much much hotter place then prescott. Prescott we get snow and a few weeks ago it was down to 16 at night. Phx im sure you all know is very warm. the wining seems to go away when the cruiser warms up which is what makes me think that the oil might have something to do with it.

what do you guys think?
mike

It's not in the sterring im thinking maybe transfer case?
It will happen even in neutral costing down a hill It has to be moving and if you slow down it slows down or gets quiter.
ANy ideas?

mike

Winning = Something losers don't do
Wine = Alcoholic beverage
Wining = Something high rollers do along with dining.
Whine = Noise. Sometimes from drive line; sometimes from passenger seat.
See Onomatopoeia for a nice diversion.
Whining = (See whine.)

-B-
(aka Goose-stepping Wordsmith)

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=8518;start=msg73220#msg73220 date=1070950576]
Winning = Something losers don't do
-B-
(aka Goose-stepping Wordsmith)
[/quote]
I was wondering if Father and son were racing each other and now with the colder weather, Dad's rig was faster. Perhaps the synth oils make it run better in the cold?

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom