d60/rear steer/rockwell outers/air bags (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LT

Threads
Just as the title says, here is W's new rear axle set up. It's a D60 with rockwell outers, rear steer, ram assist, and air bags. Pretty bad ass set up, I guess he broke the axle on the Bend or Bust trip but I was back in the trail fixing a blown inner axle shaft :slap:
BendorBust01.gif

Frontal view of W's once FJ55 :flipoff2:
BendorBust02.gif

W's rig catching some air in the canyon...
image027.jpg

I know you guys love him, but that is the funniest looking thing I have ever seen.

Looks kind of like a 4 wheeler with a canvas top.

I am just glad to see he ditched the FJ80 inners for D60's.

I think the problem is in the one pic you can see medusa's rig. So you put arguably one of the cleanest rigs out there with an ugly duckling. I'm not saying W can't fly. He's just not going to look as good as the old fart. Sometimes aesthetics count for something. ;)

[quote author=Eskimo link=board=12;threadid=13940;start=msg130562#msg130562 date=1080779922]
With all the things like the bags, SHOCKS, etc... mounted so far inboard, wouldn't it absolutely KILL the side hill stability? Seems to me it would just tip the body WAAAY over...
[/quote]

Like this ??? :flipoff2:

W%20Rocks3.jpg

I love it, that thing is inovative and I am curious to hear how well it really peroforms.

When off camber does he have the option of airing up one side of the bags?

[quote author=Radd Cruisers link=board=12;threadid=13940;start=msg130611#msg130611 date=1080787005]
I love it, that thing is inovative and I am curious to hear how well it really peroforms.

When off camber does he have the option of airing up one side of the bags?

[/quote]

Yes he can, whenever he bottoms out he just airs up and drives on, or can lower himself whenever. W usually blows up axles since he has a 532 caddy, turbo350 and dual cases, he still uses the split t-case. His front axle is a fj80 axle with rock well outers, and the fj80 e-locker converted to air.

Curious as to way he didn't go with a complete rockwell? Width maybe?

[quote author=wngrog link=board=12;threadid=13940;start=msg129338#msg129338 date=1080653834]
I know you guys love him, but that is the funniest looking thing I have ever seen.

Looks kind of like a 4 wheeler with a canvas top.

I am just glad to see he ditched the FJ80 inners for D60's.
[/quote]

I agree.

But if it works, more power to him.

[quote author=GreenWeeny78 link=board=12;threadid=13940;start=msg130737#msg130737 date=1080802013]
I think it's more or less how far he can take a Toyota product with some modification.
[/quote]

I can relate. :)

I would hate to take a corner in that thing..

W is cool and all but heck.. Some of his junk is odd..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom