D.U.I Installed, now no start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Troll hole carbs have had issues in the past. FWIW, I thought for $79 on eBay, why not try a knock off Chinese carb. Well, I’m running 2 on a couple of cruisers and they have been flawless!!
I was thinking about that, or doing one from city racer, or doing a holley sniper.

Eventually I'd like to do efi and don't want to waste my very limited cruiser budget on that if that's the eventual plan.

Could you send me a link to the Amazon carb you've had success with?

Thanks

So it's gotta be either the carb or the pedal linkage causing that hang up. I'd disconnect the the linkage temporarily, and operate the carb manually to see if it acts the same.

And just to mention even though you’re beyond it now, when pulling and replacing a distributor on an engine that is running ok, if you replace it with the rotor pointing in the exact same position as the previous rotor (as you did) and the wires are configured the same, there’s no way it can be 180° out so long as the engine didn’t move in the middle of the swap. You don’t even need to bother putting the engine on TDC. No matter where the engine is at on rotation, just have the rotor end up in the same place as the previous one and it’s good to go except for maybe just a few degrees error from eyeballing it. However, if the engine gets moved with the dizzy out, then you will need to do the process as described in the FSM.
Okay that's so much with the advice. I think my cable is good. It's newer, no kinks or bends, and it's running smoothly and not sticking.

I'm going to do a compression, leak down, recheck my valves, probably replace the valve seats if the numbers indicate as much.

I did a quick compression test on the weekend and wasn't thrilled with the numbers, they're all over 110, but there's a variance between them I'm wasn't sure about. I'll do a wet test to see if they're more consistent.

I have a used Weber 38 two barrel I don't need.
PM if interested.
Thanks for the offer, u went with the fuji from city racer

One extra tip...

Put new spark plugs in and gap them at .40 up to .50

The DUI likes a bigger gap.

Thanks, I went with .40, should I go bigger?

Some will say yes, others no. Mine are set at .5 and it seems to like it there.
Still playing with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom