D-pillar steps/bars (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Arya Ebrahimi said:
Why do you need the steps? If you simply open the rear slider window, it makes a perfect step.

LMAO! Ary, you need to stand next to Doug and Alvaro :eek: The idea is to step up without destroying anything :hillbilly

Those are pretty slick but look custom.

clownmidget said:
LMAO! Ary, you need to stand next to Doug and Alvaro :eek: The idea is to step up without destroying anything :hillbilly

Those are pretty slick but look custom.

I thought the same thing, but then when I saw them on the Tubby, I wondered if someone was making them. I'm mainly wondering if they bolt all the way through the body panel and if there's a backing plate behind it on the inside of the truck?

It may be that they're fine for a 120lb Philipino, but not so good for 270lb whitey. And wasn't it you Ary that had their sister step on their door panel arm rest and destroy it. Steps are good.

Nope, that was Alex(concretejungle). I don't see how stepping inside the window frame of the rear slider windows is gonna mess anything up. The steps pictured are the same distance apart as my method. I step onto the rear bumper, then the window sill, then into my rack. Done. I'm 180lbs, not the heaviest around here, but definately not tiny, and have not noticed any damage from this method after doing it for a year.

Ary

I would do with JP did, except i would make mounts in order to make it removable. Still the concept is good i think.
URE 12_3_05 009 (Small).jpg
URE 12_3_05 008 (Small).jpg

Somewhere there are some photos of landcruisers in Saudi or Oman or somewhere in the gulf, and there were d-pillar steps there too. Hope that rings a bell.

OZCAL said:
Somewhere there are some photos of landcruisers in Saudi or Oman or somewhere in the gulf, and there were d-pillar steps there too. Hope that rings a bell.

The cruiser that Drexx has in the photo came from the middle east. Last time I saw it. and those steps, they were a little loose but struck me as a good idea for functionality and subtlety.

Kalawang

adamsclarke said:
Almost every cruiser I saw in africa has those bolt on steps. I think a company called RSA was making them...try http://www.rsaafrica.com/

I see intellectual property is about as safe in Africa as it is in China. Don't tell ARB...

Yeah..basically every design is ripped off from some other company in africa....and when 90% of the vehicles are cruisers' over there...it almost gets funny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom