D.C. Area Swap Meet - Nov. 5th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The Capital Land Cruiser Club will be co-hosting a Swap Meet on Saturday, November 5th. It's official; we have the site confirmed.

The swap meet will take place from 10-4 on the campus of George Mason University in Fairfax, VA, parking lot F. (Many thanks to Tony, apcoleman, for setting that up :beer: )

This event is being organized in partnership with Off-Camber Crawlers and Northern Virginia Jeepers.

I should have more details (vendor prices, raffle prizes, etc) in the coming days, but I do know that Fuddrucker's will be there selling burgers and such.

Mark your calendars, and start collecting all that extra junk.

Sweet. Now that I am about to be the owner of an 84 FJ-60, time to head up. :cool:

If you don't mind, I'm going to post this info on the Virginia section of Yotatech as well.

Felix said:
The Capital Land Cruiser Club will be co-hosting a Swap Meet on Saturday, November 5th. It's official; we have the site confirmed.

The swap meet will take place from 10-4 on the campus of George Mason University in Fairfax, VA, parking lot F. (Many thanks to Tony, apcoleman, for setting that up :beer: )

This event is being organized in partnership with Off-Camber Crawlers and Northern Virginia Jeepers.

I should have more details (vendor prices, raffle prizes, etc) in the coming days, but I do know that Fuddrucker's will be there selling burgers and such.

Mark your calendars, and start collecting all that extra junk.

Thanks, Ian!

any more info on this event??? directions, times, ect...

Thanks

Rob

4x4 Swap Meet
Saturday, November 5, 2005

The Capital Land Cruiser Club, Off-Camber Crawlers, and the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association are hosting a Swap Meet on Saturday November 5, in Fairfax, VA. 10am - 4pm. Rain or Shine.

http://coyote.gmu.edu/map/fairfax.html
Coming from D.C., just head west from the Beltway on Braddock Rd for about 5 or 6 miles.

Admission is free for attendees. Only $5 to sell parts (you are provided one parking space per fee). Fees will be taken at the Swap Meet but space is limited so please pre-register with us below to ensure your spot!

Grand Prize: TBA. Raffle tickets $5 each, 5 for $20.

All swappers selling parts will receive one complimentary $5 ticket with payment of their $5 fee!

Local vendors are also welcome and may purchase space at $20 per parking space (or $50 to bring a large trailer). Or have the fee waived by donating a raffle prize. Please contact us for more information.

Again, space is limited, so please register with us early!

Fuddruckers plans to make food available for sale, so bring the whole family,
stay a while, and have lunch!

Thanks, and we hope to see you there.

Your Swap Meet Coordinators:

Felix Stump, Capital Land Cruiser Club, felixstump@yahoo.com
Jon Fotos, Off-Camber Crawlers, tjonf@earthlink.net
Brian Berry, NoVA Jeepers, bbslb@hotmail.com

Just to let everyone know, Lot F is not labeled on the map but it is the far NORTH parking lot located right next to Rappohannock River Ln. To get to lot F, turn onto Mason Dr. from University Drive and take a left at the stop sign and it will be on your left and there will be signs for it.

Just an update:

Lance from Iron Pig Offroad will be there, and he's been generous enough to donate a raffle prize. Thanks, Lance!

Lance probably just wanted a free parking spot ;)

bk

Alright, things are starting to come together. Nailed down a few more details at a meeting last night. I don't have any more confirmed sponsors to announce, but we've got several "probablies".

We're going on a shopping spree this weekend to pick-up some more raffle prizes, which I'll announce shortly there after. There will be some sort of grand prize (like a winch or airtank system) and several smaller prizes (hi-lifts, snatch blocks, synthetic lines, etc).

If you're planning on coming to sell some junk, please let me know so we can get an idea of needed space. If your'e all out of extra crap, don't worry, come and buy more!!

Grand Prize Announced!!

The Grand Prize for our raffle on Saturday will be. . .

a 9000-pound T-Max Winch with roller fairlead and 100 feet of 5/16 cable :cool:

Not bad for a $5 ticket

Felix said:
The Grand Prize for our raffle on Saturday will be. . .

a 9000-pound T-Max Winch with roller fairlead and 100 feet of 5/16 cable :cool:

Not bad for a $5 ticket

Nice!!! I'll take 2 for $10 please! :bounce: :bounce2:

I plan to be there at 10A. Do you have to be present at the time of the drawing to claim the prize? If so, what time is the drawing?

We're actually not pre-ordering raffle tickets. We'll be selling them on site at $5 per or 5 tickets for $20.

You DO NOT have to be present to win the Grand Prize, but you do have to be present to win any of the smaller prizes. We'll have 3 prize drawings at 12:00, 1:30, and 3:00, with the Grand Prize being given away at the 3:00 drawing.

More Vendor Announcements!

James Asti at 4x4 Connection is going to come in from Winchester to join us!

So along with Iron Pig Offroad, Adventurous 4x4 (who gave us a great deal on the T-max winch) and Extreme Powder Coating, we'll have several shops with a lot of great stuff.

Felix said:
James Asti at 4x4 Connection is going to come in from Winchester to join us!

So along with Iron Pig Offroad, Adventurous 4x4 (who gave us a great deal on the T-max winch) and Extreme Powder Coating, we'll have several shops with a lot of great stuff.

Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY!!!!!

:rolleyes:

I should be there with a few rare parts: cable locker, Non-US hardtop...

I think I'll be there selling the following:

set of 5: 16'rims with 33'x12' Yokohama Geolander $350.00

Factory cable locking diff: $800

very good condition/color tan Factory Non-US hard top 81: $400

Factory Roll bar $150

Factory seat belts $50

79 Wiring harnes $50

79 fan shroud $20

79 radiator bracket $20

SuperDuperCruizer, I would like to look at the seat belts. I will be there selling as well. I will have a black crew cab gmc.

Thanks, Rob

Matzell.... I'll be driving a tan 81 BJ42.

I'm driving down to Virginia today to pickup the items I'm selling. I'll keep a lookout for you. I'm trying to get there early. So, look for a rusty/tan 40.

Rob (aka SuperDuperCruizer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom