Cyclonic air filter assembly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 2H powered Troopy has a cyclonic air filter assembly, which is listed in the Toyota parts catalog as one of three different assemblies you could have:
Oil bath
Standard (without cyclone)
And cyclonic
I was wondering if anybody else is using one of these, or knows about the pros and cons between this and the other cleaners. To me it kind of looks like one of those gimmicky Vornado things that they sell on infomercials. I just wonder if it is restricting more than it actually helps.

Regards

cyclone.jpg

cyclone1.jpg

That stock plastic cyclonic piece is pretty cool. Do you have the little cup on the bottom of the airbox to empty the dust?

on the LJ the airbox lays horizontal not vverticle and it has a huge dust/dirt collector inside the lid...
these little trucks are way over designed...
cheers

I'm not really sure if there is a spot in the cleaner where the dust collects, other than the bottom of the assembly, I need to look more closely to make sure though. That makes sense to have the air spin around to throw the dust and dirt to the sides of the can, rather than straight onto the filter.

Over designed is right! That must be why we all like 'em so much! :)

Eric Winkworth said:
I think so, you can buy an oil bath filter? Where?

that fits in the cyclonic piece .. ? where . ?

From the last few wheeling trips the Donaldson cyclonic on the top of the snorkel really works well. It kept brushing the pines which were full of yellow pollen. Today I took it off and emptied out the yellow dirt ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom