CXRacing Wastegate Experience (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I installed a CXRacing inter cooled turbo kit on my Lx450 (intercooler does not fit so just running compressor right to throttle body). They advertise that the knockoff HkS wastegate has a 12lb spring inside. Since this is too much boost for a stock setup without engine management, I replaced with a 5psi turbosmart spring. Best boost I can get is 2-3 psi. I replaced this with a 10psi spring and got maybe 4 max before the wastegate opens. These springs are a bit smaller in length than the spring that came with the wastegate. Has anyone used the stock spring to know how much pressure it actually produces? I hate to find out that it’s actually 12psi by trial and error!

Thanks!

I just installed the same kit. Alex at CX told me to buy the same spring as you have. It was way too small so I kept the regular spring and my boost gage goes to 5psi and not over.

I have my intake piped through my snorkle and it sucks air in so loud it sounds like a small jet engine. The only noise I hear other than my intake is the turbo flutter when I let off the throttle quickly.

I have my intake piped through my snorkle and it sucks air in so loud it sounds like a small jet engine. The only noise I hear other than my intake is the turbo flutter when I let off the throttle quickly.
You guys have pics of ur engine bay?

You guys have pics of ur engine bay?

20230401_155608.jpg

Turbo smart makes a mechanical boost controller that is just a knob to turn up or down. Just bought 1 have not got it in yet there only $100 through Summit. Does your wastegate have more than 1 port on it? Put small spring in then turn knob up until you get boost you want. AEM makes electronic stand alone that are adjustable. If the Turbo smart one doesn't work out I will try the AEM (TRUBoost) costs about $400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom