SOLD CVT Mt. McKinley 4 person RTT-new asking price (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SOLD-SOLD-SOLD

NEW ASKING PRICE: $2100

$2600 OBO (willing to help with delivery within reason or ship on buyer's dime)

Selling because we've moved on to a hard-sided trailer from our AT Chaser with this tent.

Denver, CO, USA

It was a Mt. McKinley Extended Stargazer when I bought it but is now sold under the name Mt. Denali Extended Stargazer Pioneer
https://cascadiatents.com/shop/mt-de...ded-vestibule/

Purchased new in Spring/Summer 2015 and used the past three summers. Less than 20 nights total. Has only seen a couple nights of rain and no snow. Always stored inside. Like-new condition in all respects.

I upgraded to CVT telescoping ladders ($125 x2) which are much more user friendly/easier to adjust than what these come with otherwise.
Telescoping Ladder :: Cascadia Vehicle Roof Top Tents

Also added the CVT anti-condensation mats ($175) which is a must to prevent mold/mildew issues.
One Piece Anti-Condensation Mat :: Cascadia Vehicle Roof Top Tents

And finally, the most important upgrade is the ~3" custom innerspring mattress (~$400) which is infinitely better than the cheap foam mattress most of these tents come with. It's not like your mattress at home but it's pretty damn comfy and to me the biggest reason to go to a rooftop tent from an air filled pad in a ground tent.
https://www.rvandoffroad.com/shop?ol...-tent-mattress

For the price of a new CVT Mt. Denali you get a like-new identical tent with $800+ worth of upgrades

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for looking!

CVT1.JPG
CVT2.JPG
CVT3.JPG
CVTAnnex.JPG
CVTInterior1.JPG

Last edited:
more pics:

CVTInterior2.JPG
CVTLadders.JPG
CVTStargazerRoof.JPG
TentMattress.JPG

Bump.

For clarification, "OBO" is an abbreviation that means 'or best offer';)

I understand what you paid for this, but your starting price is really high and that may be why no one is offering you "OBO". Just a thought, not trying to be insulting or anything.......

Thanks for the bump! And no offense taken. Agreed that it's a high starting price. People generally start by asking higher than they would accept in the hopes of getting highest dollar. Despite this, even high ticket items will garner some offers, even if low ball. I would have expected at least some low ball offers by now. I listed the AT Chaser trailer this tent sits on at 4x the price of this tent and got a low ball offer. Clearly the high asking price is turning people off. Not the best time of year to sell something like this either. I've got room to store it until the spring but it sure would be nice to get rid of it before that so...new asking price listed above.

I just picked up Demo tent CVT 4 person Mt. Denali extended pioneer stargazer with annex 1,800 out the door from their showroom in Bend, OR.

I just picked up Demo tent CVT 4 person Mt. Denali extended pioneer stargazer with annex 1,800 out the door from their showroom in Bend, OR.

Congrats! That's a good deal and is basically what I'm selling but with upgrades...

A "demo" tent with <20 nights of use but with upgraded mattress that is, IMHO, way nicer to sleep on than the cheap foam that these typically come with. Mattress is also covered in a water-resistant/proof vinyl material so it doesn't soak up condensation or whatever else is spilled on it. The upgraded telescoping ladders are quite a bit easier to use, are more comfortable to step on with no shoes and allow custom heights on uneven ground without drilling holes in the standard aluminum ladder. And lastly, the condensation mats which are a must. If you got all that for $1800 you stole it and should be very happy. If you didn't, you should have offered me $1800 and waited to see what happened;)

You'll be super happy with the tent!

And thanks for the bump.

i came across this add too late. I'm in Seattle area and don't know how much would it cost to ship it here.

Too late for you:doh:

Too bad for me :crybaby:

Still for sale. Will have to check on shipping. I’m at 80230 (Denver) if you want to look into things on your end

From CVT website:

Size (Closed)
87" wide x 48" long x 15.5" tall

Weight (Empty)

I would guess that it's probably closer to 250-275# pounds with the aftermarket mattress and the anti condensation mat, and I'm note sure if their weight includes the annex.

so I checked on line and I am getting estimates in the $500 range for shipping.:censor:..... I can not afford that plus $2000 for the tent...... I can get a Tepui of similar size from REI for less with a warranty...... not trying to insult, but unless you have a way less expensive option for shipping, I will have to pass.....:bang:

Not insulted at all. However, I find that online shipping quotes are sometimes worthless. I can get a car across the country for $700. I have to drop some tires at Fastenal sometime this week and will check on shipping with them. We could post up on Mudship too. There's nothing on there currently but maybe someone's driving your way from here. I'll do some digging. Thanks for your interest.

Also, a few more points:

-Tepui Autana XL is 72"x96" sleeping area, CVT McKinley/Denali is 87"x96"
-Single door/ladder versus double doors/ladders:meh:
-No anti-condensation mats versus anti-condensation mats ($150)
-Crappy foam mattress versus much more comfortable inner spring mattress ($250-400 depending on what kind of upgrade you go with)
-$2300 plus tax (minus dividend if you have one) versus $2100 OBO plus shipping
-Warranty versus no warranty :meh:

Not trying to insult;), just stating my case. I'll let you know if I can find cheaper shipping

Submitted estimate request to Fastenal today. Should hear back tomorrow.

Awesome! I am spending way to much money getting started in this whole overland thing..... but I anticipate having a great time!!!:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom