CVs/Suspension Install Qs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Moby

GOLD Star
Threads
OK, so I just finished installing my front 2.5 Kings. This is my first time doing any significant work with IFS (I never had to disconnect anything on my GX460 to install coilovers). Few things worried me.

1. Is there any way for a CV to come out with the steering knuckle still attached to either the UCA or LCA? I never noticed anything. Everything is back together without any problems, UCAs and LCAs hooked up to the steering knuckle smoothly, wheels rotate just a bit before hitting the driveline, etc. Just want to make sure I didn't screw anything up here before I drive it for an alignment.
  2. At one point I had the front spring installed and the brake rotor supporting the force of the spring on a jack stand. This was not intentional :doh: I was using the jack stand to control the steering knuckle so it didn't flop around too much. I realized at one point that I hadn't removed it and the force of the spring, probably 90% extended, was on the stand through the rotor. Any potential concerns here?

TIA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom