CV front shaft for a 4L80E to Toyota TC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the title states, I've put a 4BD1T/4L80e engine/trans in my 80 series that is mated to the stock TC with a piece of Advanced Adapters hardware.

The clearance between the 4L80E pan and my stock front drive shaft is about the width of my semi-large fingers, about 3/4 of an inch. I'm running J springs with a 1" spacer and I would like to run a front CV shaft so I can get some caster back to my front axle. I don't think a standard Toyota CV is going to fit on the front end due to it's diameter. Has anybody managed to put a CV style driveshaft on the front end when running a 4l80E tranny? Just need something that isn't so big in diameter.

Thanks,

Adam

Is there a smaller pan available that will work? I have a 4L60E, run a front DC shaft and I had 2 choices at the time to gain the clearance you seek......1) buy the smaller pan that was available or 2) modify the pan I had. We modified the pan we had. Check out frankenpan.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1426485628.015998.jpg

It won't win a beauty contest but it works. It has not leaked and has been installed for over 12k miles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom