Cv boot kit facv60120 or facv60121 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 2 different grease types in kit FACV60120 2 identical tubes of rare max lf-g and 2 tubes of rare max ubz 94192 and 94115 one bigger than the other. Which grease goes where or does it get mixed? Kit came from cruiserteq. Which grease goes where? Bought 2 kits both have same grease

16731174258647317513000238060240.jpg

Check this out and all will be revealed. watch until the end.

Check this out and all will be revealed. watch until the end.

It doesn't answer my question unless somehow I missed it 100 series has the ball and cup type bearings on inner and outer joint. It doesn't have the roller/spider type bearings like the video or the 4runner/Tacoma have. The kit is marked from cruiserteq as a 60120 kit which should come with 2 different size tubes of the same grease. They put their label over the toyota 60121 sticker. 60121 comes with the 2 different types of grease as pictured above. Hopefully I'll be able to get in touch with someone tomorrow that can help.

It doesn't answer my question unless somehow I missed it 100 series has the ball and cup type bearings on inner and outer joint. It doesn't have the roller/spider type bearings like the video or the 4runner/Tacoma have. The kit is marked from cruiserteq as a 60120 kit which should come with 2 different size tubes of the same grease. They put their label over the toyota 60121 sticker. 60121 comes with the 2 different types of grease as pictured above. Hopefully I'll be able to get in touch with someone tomorrow that can help.
The only question you asked was, "Which grease goes where" I thought this Toyota 'Master Mechanic' answerd that question, I thought he said that it didn't matter what type of Toyota CV axel you are servicing, I thought he also said that they have been asking Toyota Japan which grease goes where for years, and never got the same answer twice, hopefully you'll get your answer tomorrow.

FSM says the following:

Pack the outboard joint and boot with grease in the boot kit.
Standard grease capacity:
368 to 378 g (13.0 to 13.3 oz.)

Pack the inboard joint tulip and boot with grease in the boot kit.
Standard grease capacity:
293 to 303 g (10.3 to 10.7 oz.)

Here is a link to the time he starts talking about the two grease types.

Last edited:
The other problem now I see is I have 300g of one type of grease and 240 of the other. If the FSM calls for the amount shown I don't have enough of either grease.

Good luck 🤞 I’m sure it’ll all be as clear as mud when you get the answer, or as clear as grease.

I think there’s a little old Japanese man that knows the answer, muttering under his breath “I’ll get my own back”

Right now ole blue is on the lift waiting to be put back together. Wish I had noticed the grease issue before lol. 354000 miles and I'm just ready to ride some more.

Wow, well done for keeping her going, I had 4.0 diesel 60 series many moons ago that had almost 400,000 miles on it before I sold it, my 2004 4.2 diesel 100 only has 90,000 at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom