CV Axle Fully Seated? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m installing aftermarket CV axles. These are temporary until I can reboot my OEM axles. The passenger side will not go any further than what is pictured below. There’s no lip to tap on, and I’ve attempted to push it in using the knuckle. Any suggestions for getting it in further or am I good to go?
27CCA876-6243-48FF-ADBF-A998510F3440.jpeg

I'm in the exact same situation as you, with what looks to be the same aftermarket CV. My thinking is that since I can't easily pull it back out, the circlip is engaged and the diff seal is mated to the axle surface. I haven't hit the road yet because I'm fixing some other things first, but I'll be curious if someone says otherwise.

I'm in the exact same situation as you, with what looks to be the same aftermarket CV. My thinking is that since I can't easily pull it back out, the circlip is engaged and the diff seal is mated to the axle surface. I haven't hit the road yet because I'm fixing some other things first, but I'll be curious if someone says otherwise.
I should add that it is hard to tell from your pic if the gap is the same is what I'm seeing, so I would see if you can pull it back out or if it feels like the circlip is engaged.

I should add that it is hard to tell from your pic if the gap is the same is what I'm seeing, so I would see if you can pull it back out or if it feels like the circlip is engaged.
Thanks for the response - I was finally able to get it seated. I just kept working on it by pushing in with the steering knuckle and then grabbing the housing with both hands and pushing it towards the diff.

Hi @DMCTX
Same issue here. I totally rebult my front end with all new everything OEM except the Toyota CVs due to them being $1000. I bought the Trakmotive TO-8139HDX models off RockAuto. I'm getting some bad vibration and after inspecting I see I have this tiny gap in between the CV and the flange to the Diff. Are you saying you got this Gap closed and the CV seated against the Diff? My gap is on the driver side BTW; can't tell what side yours was on.

IMG_9008.jpg

This is what mine looks like

075fe6a6-280d-42e6-8916-33f990ed3ff6-jpeg.2691609

Thank you for that photo! Is that the Toyota OEM CV axle? How much did it cost?
Yes it is OEM, about $430 if I remember correctly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom