Cutting out rust and bracing question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EStein

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys...I won’t have my replacement panels for awhile but I’d like to cut the rear floor out and do some frame work and clean up that I couldn’t reach from below. I’ve got the rear braced and attached to the rear frame channel and another between the front doors.

I plan to replace the body panels one at a time (rear sill,full quarters, wheel wells and most the floor) but do you see an issue with cutting out the rear floor now? Is the bracing sufficient? Only doing a few patches in the outer skins of the rockers so I won’t be cutting those out.

just got a welder last week so welds are terrible but I’m learning fast! Haha.

Thanks

E9CD445F-C7C7-438B-BC44-24E9273ADE13.jpeg

D79F5BB3-FCC5-4212-B936-55338045FF98.jpeg

B00F7C1A-CB4B-4EF3-894E-FD679EFBD729.jpeg

Just for piece of mind, it might be a good idea to put a brace on each side between the A pillar and the B pillar. Other than that, looks pretty good to me. I had mine all braced up like you have and and between the pillars and when I was done and cut them out my doors and top fit right back in.

Just for piece of mind, it might be a good idea to put a brace on each side between the A pillar and the B pillar. Other than that, looks pretty good to me. I had mine all braced up like you have and and between the pillars and when I was done and cut them out my doors and top fit right back in.
Ok yeah was wondering about that. Did you cross brace or just go front to back along the same side?

I did from a pillar to b pillar on both sides, across from b pillar to b pillar, and across the rear door opening. I picked it up with a backhoe just fine, I hauled it around just fine, it was blasted, and everything still fit great. I would rather go overboard with bracing than find that something warped when some stress was released. It's easier to be safe than sorry.

I did from a pillar to b pillar on both sides, across from b pillar to b pillar, and across the rear door opening. I picked it up with a backhoe just fine, I hauled it around just fine, it was blasted, and everything still fit great. I would rather go overboard with bracing than find that something warped when some stress was released. It's easier to be safe than sorry.
Cool thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom