Cutting headlight cones to fit radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TxCruzr

Wait, this ain't Texas...
Threads
Website
www.webphotos.com
I'm about to swap in a bigger radiator and want to go as big a possible. Has anyone cut th headlight cones on the earlyer bibs to fit a radiator? How far can you cut? Any down side to cutting and then leaving the back side open? I can't imagine there being anything wrong with it but want to check before I get in there and start cutting stuff :D

Is there enough room for you to simply back the radiator up an inch or so? My radiator sits in the area of the lights but behind them.

I'd be more worried abouT The wire connectors on the back of the headlights.i read somewhere that 26 is as far as you can go without having to cut anything

Well, if you run an AL radiator you will be fine withing the headlight bucketts..

If not, you have other problems..

I think it will be fine, but just incase. I was planning on I think 26" on 27" wide radiator but I might measure again and go with a 30" like a saw in another thread. Can never have too much radiator in Texas :D

Texas sucks..

Talk to me when you come to Arizona or Southern Nevada..

Mace saying it is one thing but a guy from Oklahoma...now come on :flipoff2:
Went wheeling last year in Clayton about this time. Besides the wheeling, and meth, and old men with underagers (16 is legal :eek: ), what else does oklahoma have to offer :flipoff2:

I'm working on getting the cruiser ready for some nevada/arizona trails. Just need to hurry up and gradumicate and get me a job to pay for all this.

also....it takes more to cool a motor on the highway than it does to break on the road infront of your house ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom