Builds cuttin up the lx (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I see you painted them as well. Lookin good.

got all the tires mounted up and the rear fenders trimmed; now i just need to trim the front fenders and the sliders.
41.5s4.jpg
41.5s5.jpg

That is one clean garage. Is that where you did the work?

borat.jpg

Dude, that is beautiful. Are those 41.5x13.50R17 rocker radials?! 41.5's actually look big on an 80! Wonderful truck man, and it doesn't look like you're afraid to push it to the limits.

I see you cut the inner fenders out.

yep, 41.5x13.5x17 rocker radials. they are a lot bigger than you would think. mounted on the rims they measured right at 42" tall.

i started out wheeling/dding it and being nice to it, but after a while i gave up trying to keep the body straight and started having a lot more fun. :D

I see you cut the inner fenders out.

yeah, i had planned on trying to keep as much of the inner fender as possible (kinda like i did in the rear), but i needed to cut more in the front and it was going to be more trouble than it was worth trying to keep it or put something back so i just cut it all out.

at least now when i smash the fenders in i can just grab 'em and pull 'em back out. :hillbilly:

Last edited:
I love it! You can't fear body damage.

not at this time. they are really close but when they get stuffed, they move backwards and never touch.

with the brackets i used and the placement of them on the rear axle, the rear is already moved back about 2" and there's not enough slip left in the drive shaft to move it back any more. if i ever get around to getting a new rear shaft made, i may stretch it some then.

I dream to be like you some day.

looks good! can you post a few more pics on the front fender trimming you did?

Just as i suspected, the 41.5s are the perfect size for an 80. i knew when my 37s started looking stock i had a problem. great looking lx you have there. love the 41.5s, i get to treat myself for christmas.

i need to meet up with you guys in WV, i still cannot believe you havent wadded that thing up by now. i had more damage on my 80 after 5 trails than i did on my hilux after 5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom