Cut & Turn tools? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tonkacruiser.com
I'm planning on doing a cut & turn among the many mods going on this winter/spring. I have one of the $10 degree tools that are at most parts stores but don't think I want to try a turn with it. I've been looking and have found this one but was wondering if one of you many to do this has found a better tool or am I worrying too much about being perfect?

http://www.quickcar.net/chassis/ch_angle.html

TIA, Chris

It is your steering, and it needs to be accurate, it is not just your life in the mix. How are you planning on measuring this angle, and how would you do it with this tool, over a simple magnetic-base degree/angle finder?

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/pro_...8a&group_id=17598&store=snapon-store&tool=all

I have used this to set engine/drivetrain,driveshaft, and pinion/castor angles for a while now. Seems to work for me. There are other versions of the same thing available at many tool supply houses...

Good luck!

-Steve

I use the same tool Poser shows and it works great. I've set up hundreds of vehicles with great success. No need for bling-bling when it comes to simple tools. Spend the money you save on something you really need.

Oh, by the way your bezel is upsidedown. 8)

thanks for the help. I have one of those angle tools and wasn't sure if it was acurate enough.

Have it that way so its right side up when I roll :flipoff2:

thanks again, Chris

You can do the math and prove that it is accurate or not....

Oh, and about your digital tool...

That thing is pretty trick, and if you can swing it, get it. Thanks for the link...

-Steve

IIRC, I read somewheres that factory knuckles were notoriously "not exact" either, like .5 degrees of at times. If it's a street machine, then ya, take the time. For a trailer queen, don't sweat it. My $10 jobbie worked fine on mine.

I'll second the factory mis-matched angles.. I have seen them up to 2* different than eachother prior to the cut/turn...

[quote author=woody link=board=1;threadid=10858;start=msg97637#msg97637 date=1075667314]
IIRC, I read somewheres that factory knuckles were notoriously "not exact" either, like .5 degrees of at times. If it's a street machine, then ya, take the time. For a trailer queen, don't sweat it. My $10 jobbie worked fine on mine.
[/quote]

I'll third that. My stock front housing was over 1° difference from left to right. Will correct when I cut and turn. In the mean time I have one side running 3° back while the other is 4° back. Works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom