1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cut firewall brace?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by jim45r, Mar 2, 2004.

1. jim45r

jim45r

My '66 has a firewall brace in between the clutch and brake M/Cs. I'd like to add power when I switch to frt discs. I've seen the wardens adapter that extends the booster out past the brace, but I've also seen some conversions where the owner just cut the brace and put the booster against the firewall. The later trucks put the firewall brace on the right side. Anyone hear of problems occuring because of the brace being cut? I've also heard that there are non-boosted M/Cs that wook well with L/C disc conversions. Suggestions/experiences?
    Thanks!

2. Eternal

Eternal

Go to the "technical links" page here on ih8mud and check out the brakes section. Mike Smythe, Chris Sculy, and Mike Robinson pages will give you a wealth of information of does and don'ts. Best of luck on your conversion.

3. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    if you can find the Wardens adapter IMOP its a better solution than cutting the brace(but I don;t think its a big deal to cut it)

I use the Wardens adapter on my 67, with a 74fj40 booster and mini master, works great.

4. Mace

Mace rock scientist.. Staff Member s-Moderator

I cut mine on the Passengers side to make room for the premier power welder
    Works great..

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">