Cut and Turn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It realy isnt that hard. I did it on mine and i may have to do it again (dont ask). I am in Cola so not very close to the upstate. You just have to make sure that you dont cut to far or you will cut the whole knuckle off. Other than that it isnt bad just a little nerve racking the first time.

If you are a little nervous about doing a cut-n-turn or don't have the space and tools, check out

http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/specials.html

140 bucks not to bad, this is the route I will be going this fall when I do my 62.

Good luck
JP

What does this do? What are the +'s ? Are there -'s ? Feed me information please!

Oh yeah, Ive been dreaming about my landcruiser for about two weeks now(Nothing weird you crazy asses). Should I go and see a doctor? Or is this just a few steps towards to becoming a cruiserhead?

Unless there are also naked ladies riding in your cruiser definetly seek help..........:flipoff2:

As far as the cut-n-turn goes........ it has to do with when you decided to change your cruiser from a spring under axle, which is the stock configuration, to a spring over axle........ when you do a spring over you will gain 5"-6" of lift and mad flexing abilities, if you are serious about offroading and running 36"+ tires it is a must......

The cut-n-turn is necessary because the added lift of a spring over messes up stock drivetrain angles from the axle to the t-case, which is bad, so in order to correct this you cut-n-turn the axle to bring the angles back to stock numbers

Here is all you ever need to know: http://www.ih8mud.com/tech/soa/index.html

basically, you're turning the steering knuckles back to an acceptable amount for actually turning the wheels...

malphrus

I'll go and see a doc, when I'm satisfied with the way my truck is running( which will be never). Thanks for the info, but a SOA will be on down the road for me. Right now I'm saving up for a new tranny. I'm thinking the h55f and a new tcase and what ever else that comes along with transplanting it into the 62. Then I'll work on rebuilding the motor, haven't really decided on what to do with it yet.

Then I'll slowly start the SOA. For me its all a learning process. I'm thinking about getting a OME lift( so I can have something in the mean time) but they are so damn expensive. With what I have read so far they are worth every dime. Anyone have any direct expereince? How are the "new" Dakar springs? I know they are cheaper but I'm willing to go that extra mile so I won't have any worries out on the trail. What about the Alcan's springs? Do they offer a kit, or just the springs? I have looked at what they have to offer but they seem a little less advertised, as OME or others.

again thanks for the info!

Matt

I actualy have a set of 5" Alcans that i will be selling some time in the near future if you are interested. You can ask JP and Malph how well they work. The rears are flipped for more wheel base but other than that they are almost new just well broken in.

The tires are 36s but they rub the front fenders a little (or a lot depening who you ask)

SCJO06 said:
What does this do? What are the +'s ? Are there -'s ? Feed me information please!

Oh yeah, Ive been dreaming about my landcruiser for about two weeks now(Nothing weird you crazy asses). Should I go and see a doctor? Or is this just a few steps towards to becoming a cruiserhead?

Notin' too serious, Matt.

It's been 9 years and I still dream of my cruiser.

Hmmm... maybe we ARE a little weird.

nope they won't fit....... and the Dakar Springs are the exact same as OME, the are just manufactured in Malaysia instead of Austrilia so labor is way cheap, but the product is the same quality, so I would def. go with the Dakars and save money for the h55 you are going to need it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom