Cut and turn tomorrow. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Anybody want to come up, over, down to watch? I've got the axle off so tomorrow will be just the c&t. Starting around 12.

Sure could use some help. :D I'll supply beer.

How many degrees do you plan to rotate, Marshall. Is there a trick for getting both knuckles to rotate the same amount? I would suspect you make match marks on the knuckle and axle tube?
Inquiring minds want to know..........

Holy Rotation Batman! Thats a lot of caster change! If your pinion will be left pointing upward, be sure to overfill with lube as your pinion bearing will not get grease if you don't. This will result in a damaged pinion and a sudden sharp turn when the diff locks-up, assuming you are driving when this happens. Happened to Mike 3 years ago up in tellico with his blue 40. Put him in the ditch at 40 MPH on the main paved road. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Good to know. I hope to never have it up to speed locked in the front.

Well I'm almost there. I cut the perches, shock mounts brake bracket and steering stops off today. Welded any cuts on the housing. Ground everything back smooth. And cut the knuckles and they do move. They take some force to move but they move. I also ground the new perches to fit the housing. And put and took off the front housing again to measure stock castor angles. I'm worn slap out.

I had to go to Lowes twice today because when I got home the first time I realized I had left a part to my grinder on the isle with all the bolts Doh!

All I have to do now is gring my knuckle cuts out to 60 degrees for good weld penetration. Slap it on with perchs loose and postion everything where I want it and tac it and then turn the knuckles tacking them and then remove it again to do the final welding.

Oh and I took a ton of pictures.

Can't wait to see some pics and see how it turns out. I like you being the guinea pig Marshal that way as time goes by and the rest of us want to try it we can learn from your mistakes.

Nice I'm ready to see some pics. Maybe by this time next yr I'll be ready to SOA the piggy. Of course I need to get it running reliably first.

My helper.

IMG_3936.jpg

Nice Job, Troll. You couldn't have better help than Alex. Looks like you guys did a nice job!
I like the pic with "all four tires on". :)

Nice Job Marshall, I had the same question the other guy did, I thought you would cut the whole ball off. I guess you are cuttin the outer housing, and then turning it inside..or something like that..haha.

Thats an ugly puss if I've ever seen one! What do Women see !!

Alex

at least you don't have cankles :YUCK:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom