Cut and turn cat cost? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I stopped at a muffler shop the other day and asked how much to cut and turn my cats. They quoted me around $60.

Those of you who had yours turned, what did it cost? I would like to have some barganing room.

Thanks

CJ--

Sounds anout right...I think many who have done it, have been able to for between $50-100...

It's also a keen idea... :cool:

My local muffler guy said 'you want to do what?. . OK, that'll be 40 bucks.'

Works great. Cost me $50.

From what I know, the cats seem to get very hot. By turning and only leaving one side rather than both sides exposed to passing air, are you reducing the amount of surface for cooling?

I plan on fabbing a small wing to help direct air across them and at the same time create down-force to help hold this light vehicle to the road. Kidding.

I do actually plan on putting some of that exhaust tape that i have found laying around at the race shop above the cats, covering the undercarriage to help reduce the heat.

Somebody actually rated this thread. :whoops:

mason said:
From what I know, the cats seem to get very hot. By turning and only leaving one side rather than both sides exposed to passing air, are you reducing the amount of surface for cooling?

They get hot on purpose and do not function until they are hot. cooling is not a problem

The problem isn't in cooling the cats, it's in keeping the floor cool. Don't know what effect turning them will have on that. I'll t-couple the floor before and after when I get around to turning mine.

I t-coupled the floor and it's dang hot before and after the turning! I'm talking about trips that take more than three hours or so! The rear passenger side of teh floor gets hot as well.

It's hot before the mod and it's hot after the mod. I've put a lot of miles on this rig with them turned and there's no FUNCTIONAL difference in floor temp.

Not to say it may not get some hotter or maybe it gets cooler, who knows? Who cares? It works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom