Customer diagnosis via Internet VS reality

mudgudgeon

SILVER Star
Well, I'm guessing, the diagnostic hive mind here on 'Mud would have either told him its a fuseable link ( I hear they're unavailable) or a head gasket.
Could be the wrong oil!

SmokingRocks

Don't tell my wife how much this actually cost...
SILVER Star
Happens to the best of us every once in a while...

I had my tuned Audi A7 towed to my buddy's shop because I was convinced I skipped my timing chain. Turns out direct-injected cars don't even sputter slightly when they are running out of gas, they just shut off cold. And that happened at a time when I was 100%-0%-100% on and off the throttle within a second, that's when it shut off, I had known that my timing chain tensioners were shot and had completely convinced myself that the on-off-on action skipped the chain.

So yea paid about $350 for two gallons of gas (with a tow and shop time)..... Lesson learned, slice of humble pie consumed, it was a great reminder to chill out and trust the basic diagnostic troubleshooting path.

Last edited:

musthave

😂
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Happens to the best of us every once in a while...

I had my tuned Audi A7 towed to my buddy's shop because I was convinced I skipped my timing chain. Turns out direct-injected cars don't even sputter slightly when they are running out of gas, they just shut off cold. And that happened at a time when I was 100%-0%-100% on and off the throttle within a second, that's when it shut off, I had known that my timing chain tensioners were shot and had completely convinced myself that the on-off-on action skipped the chain.

So yea paid about $350 for two gallons of gas (with a tow and shop time)..... Lesson learned, slice of humble pie consumed, it was a great reminder to chill out and trust the basic diagnostic troubleshooting path.
What’s discussed on mud, stays in mud. Buried.

We’ve all got the same issue. Look at the shoes I got on sale for $600 :)

This is rad

No, the radiator was fine, it was the starter! Didn't you listen to the surgeon?!

I hope he's a better surgeon than an 80 whisperer

"Doc, my ankle hurts."

"I'll schedule open heart surgery right away!"

Reminds me of the surgeon who was recently caught branding his initials onto transplanted livers... Surgeons are weird. Then again, in software we would call that documenting your work.

Well, I'm guessing, the diagnostic hive mind here on 'Mud would have either told him its a fuseable link ( I hear they're unavailable) or a head gasket.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Oh snap

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom