CustomcruisersFJ40.com, Gilroy CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anybody heard from them? I left a phone message and sent an e-mail last week. I've called a couple of times since then, but all I get is the answering machine. I'm really interested in their rear disc conversion and am trying to get my pig back on the road by the end of the month for work. Gilroy is about 2 hours from me so it's hard to just drop in...

First I heard of them. I would be interested in hearing about them. Maybe I will take the drive from Mountain View and check them out some day.

Thanks for the welcome! I've actually had my piggie for the past couple years and have always been a lurker on Mud and Pirate. Guess I finally got off my lazy butt and registered...

I was considering doing a GM type rear disc conversion, but I have an extra set of LC rotors and 60 calipers so customcruisersFJ40.com's conversion seemed the best for me. Also, their kit doesn't require machining of the rotors either (which may not be a big deal to some)...

Welcome :flipoff2:
You might send a PM to offroadkid -- he lives in Gilroy...unless he's moved to the Sacramento area already. He might know.

Hey . THe owner is Ron Diaz. He works on my truck and does a great job. He did a front disc ( mini truck) conversion on my 1970 40 and it was awsome. Hes a great guy and awsoem service. Wouldn't trust many cruiser mechanics over him in this area.Go to www.CustomCruiserFj40.com and you can look up rear disc break conversions and everything. Good luck

Their disk conversion is pretty sweet. I have also been eyeing that set up for a long time siunce I like the idea of matched disks.
The way I understand it is that they are on version 2.0 or 3.0 of the kit now. The previous versions had some probs on a few rigs where people (not the shop) installed the kit themselves. Reasons were around the fact that mini calipers are designed for a full floating axle which does not "float". Monte Carlo calipers are pretty good for the cruiser axle since the caliper is two piece and pulls into itself- allowing the caliper to move a little with the axle. At any rate, I was told that things are working really well with it now.

I would keep bugging them. They will get back to you.

-Dustin

I've been to his shop and have seen his work- really good stuff! He is real busy and does take a while to get back to you, but it is worth the wait. He has a FJ40 swap meet each year- put it on your calendar for next year.

Cool site! They have all sorts of cool things there...

Called and left a message about steering stuff.

Thanks for the info!

-Steve

It is truly amazing how things work - I am out in Gilroy -Morgan Hill CA on a work project and was traveling the back roads to the lumber store - when I passed a yard full of FJ40's obscured by oleander bushes - Low and behold it is Custom cruisers place

Lucky me! Guess I will have to stop by when I have a few minutes and see what is up there...

RON ROCKS!! Best customer service you'll find....bar none. Bought my first 40 couple years ago and have picked his brain for tons of things and he NEVER blows you off or seems annoyed. Was on my way out of town on a hunting trip, cruiser on the trailer and everything packed.....voltage reg takes a s***. Try every parts store in 2 hour radius and they have nuttin. I give Ron a call and ask if knows where I can get one....the guy gives me the one off HIS cruiser, no charge. Then procedes to fine tune some wiring on the alt and reg for about 40 mins. I threw some cash his way nonetheless. Been to the swap meet for the last 2 years, goodies to be bought and great people to yap it up with. Drive by the place everyday, so I would be more than happy to pop in there, etc for any of youz......

I went by them just last week. They admit that they aren't very good about phones, and they don't advertise--they have plenty of business. Take 101 south, Masten west, south on the old 101 (name?) and then left on Buena Vista.Keep your eyes open, no sign. There's a big hedge on the north side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom