Custom Tube Bumpers and Flat Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is too cool!!! 🤩💜Peggy got a bunch of custom steel tube work done 💥🔥I’ve had these designs drawn up for years. When I was finally ready to do it, Mike @ Bump it Offroad @bumpitoffroad (Windsor, Colorado) was happy to take on the project. Both front and rear bumpers are bolt on and all the work was done from scratch. The front does not have space for a winch. I wanted it all very minimal. The front and rear are 1.75” steel tube. The rack frame is 1” steel tube with .5” crossbars @ 4” spacing with lateral reinforcements as well. It’s a flat rack and only goes up to the sunroof. So you can still see ☀🌒⭐The original rear crossmember was cut from the frame and a new steel beam is welded in between the frame rails, where the factory spare tire is located. The gutter mounts are 2 pair of the 120mm mounts from @frontrunneroutfitters. Their company is great to deal with! 👍🏽 So is mike from Bump it Off-road, he’s a great guy. You can find his site online or threads on @ih8mud about his work. The accessory mounts are from Baja Rack. Their company is NoT the greatest to work with 😏
IMG_1375.JPG
IMG_1380.JPG
IMG_1391.JPG
IMG_1394.JPG
IMG_1396.JPG

Clean, I like it. Let's see some more pics of the roof rack.

I like the rack

Looks great! I like the minimal look and can't wait to see the rack! Been thinking of doing a custom rack myself and this looks about what I want.

Here are some more detailed photos of the rack. The last image shows two things: First, is the clearance between the wind deflector on the rear hatch and the back of the rack. Second, is the crimped ends on the two pieces of .5" that run laterally. The other crossbars are not pinched at the ends.
IMG_1398.JPG
IMG_1401.JPG
IMG_1402.JPG
IMG_1403.JPG
IMG_1405.JPG

Looks great!

I really like BIO's normal tube front bumper. I'd be interested to hear your long term thoughts after you've had these for a while. In particular I'm curious how the wings on the rear bumper fair if you ever catch them on a rock or tree. Typically the wing would get tied back to the frame near the end of your bumper that is closest to your rear tire. I'm glad they could make what you wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom