Custom tie-rods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome. Have you done the very thing I am doing with these rods?

I did a saginaw and wanted thick wall , threaded tie rod and drag link, I went with 1 ton GM ends, sounds like you'll use the 60 ends, IIRC they can tap the tubes for whatever thread you need, you will have to work out some jam nuts as well , especially if you will add ram assist. In hind sight the weld in ones with the slit for clamping are better as they allow thick wall tube and still able to clamp vs. using jam nuts which I have found to lossen and let the hydro assist push the bar around so if i did it again I would look for a version of the above that was threaded for 1 ton gm so it your call but for service purpose, road time, and adjustability I would probably buy some tube, those ends and weld er up. FWIW.

I am going to try parts in thread below post #151. Will report back.

I got my parts from Iron Pigs Offroad for my 60 series box conversion. Called them up and told them what I'm doing, and they quoted me the necessary parts. Might want to try them too.

Awesome. Have you done the very thing I am doing with these rods?
I have the relay rod only. I used the stock 40-series tie rod (had to reamed out the relay rod end’s taper). But with 70-series tie rod there is no problems if bigger hole (later model) steering knuckle arms as you have.
F05A9528-558E-44B9-B982-47FA79755265.jpeg

Thanks for sharing man. Much appreciated. I gather what I need from thread above will work. Will report on it so folks can have as reference.

I have the relay rod only. I used the stock 40-series tie rod (had to reamed out the relay rod end’s taper). But with 70-series tie rod there is no problems if bigger hole (later model) steering knuckle arms as you have.
View attachment 2800964
i am just seeing this thread. i have been scratching my head on this one for sa while. I used the tie rod from a 60 and drag link from a series 79. the point where they come together at the tapered eyelet on the passenger side 60 tie rod end is where my problem is. the 70 series male end is smaller than the hole on the 60 tie rod end. any thoughts. part number to replace?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom