Custom shock mount pics? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just imported an HDJ 81 and it came with a mystery 5" lift (decided it was 5" from this baord with comparing center hub to bottom flare measuements) and rancho 9000s. I flexed it out and the shock bottoms out with about 3"s of travel left before the bump stops. I don't think it has bump stop extensions. I have the skills to cut off and remount the shock mounts to take advantage of all the articulation and was wondering if anyone else has done this and has pics. I would also like to get the mounts off the bootom of the axle if possible? I'm willing to do some floor board cutting if necessary and I'll just bulid the storage compartments around the hoops. Any help/advice would be appreciated.:)

Keep all the droop you can, and add some 3" bumpstop spacers, then you'll be able to run 37s if you wish (that's what I would do atleast)

To gain the extra flex, they are talking about droop, not compression. You're not going to get much more compression, in fact all you will really net is a bunch of rubbing.

Thanks for the links 84runner. Good stuff.

To gain the extra flex, they are talking about droop, not compression. You're not going to get much more compression, in fact all you will really net is a bunch of rubbing

With this mystery lift, no bumpers or gear (weihgt), 35 MTRs on 10.5 wide rims with 3.5 back space I've still got about 3.5"s of clearence in the rear fender well before I rub. I just thought in the time it'll take me to make some extended bump stops I could change the shock position and eleiminate the need for bump stops.

What I really need to do is find out the travel of my Ranchos and go from there. My truck passed inspection yesterday, now I just have to wait for paper work to get done and I'll have it home again. Then I'll take a closer look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom