Custom Roof Rack For FJ60/62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is a full length rack custom built by my brother. He's in the process of building a couple of new ones for our Cruisers and I no longer need this one. I'll take $300 plus shipping. It's pretty big, so shipping may be high. Feel free to find your own shipping quotes if you want and I can ship with whoever you decide to go with. Item is located just south of Atlanta in Jonesboro, GA zip 30236

Jason
DSC_0006-2.JPG

No body wants this thing? Looks good on top and holds plenty of weight. Make an offer....

what kind of supports did you use?
I might be interested around 100$, got any better pics?

Yeah, I like it too but 300? I'd like to bid 101 Bob. (price is right reference)

well how bout 150?

nice, I bring it back to the top, and others are trying to snake it from me,,, your welcome,,

and if the steel cost more than 100 clams you are getting hosed,,, or steel has really gone thru the roof,, 3 yago I could get a 1.5x1.5 11 gauge square for 20$,, what is it now, I am sure you are using 3/4 14/16 gauge,,,

Yeah I don't see how that thing cost anywhere close to 300 bucks...Plus you cut your own head off and said you just used to cheap mounts. Sounds like you're tryin to snake someone.

I'm not trying to snake anyone. You can use whatever gutter mounts you want to use with it. I just happen to use the ones I had laying around. If you don't want to buy it, don't. There are plenty of other racks out there that cost a lot more than this one and probably aren't as big or as sturdy.

Cost of steel sux right now...

3pits said:
and if the steel cost more than 100 clams you are getting hosed,,, or steel has really gone thru the roof,, 3 yago I could get a 1.5x1.5 11 gauge square for 20$,, what is it now, I am sure you are using 3/4 14/16 gauge,,,

You are correct on your second point (in bold). Steel has gone thru the roof, and it is partially due to China building massive steel mills and buying a huge amount of raw material to mill steel. Getting any steel nowadays is making it very hard for local (USA) plants to compete with foreign factories to bid on manufacturing parts. We just can't compete.

Plus, don't forget that with anything already made, you're not just paying for the material. Everyone forgets about Labor, hardware, tooling, etc. Granted the tooling and hardware may be minimal, but it all adds up. If the seller wants to get rid of it, he already has a minimum he'll take, someone just needs to find that number out. No one should take it personal, it is just what bartering is all about.

i saw this post b/f anyone else had responded and my first opinion was that it was to high as well, i was all excited wehn i saw it was in ATL and somewhat close, but then got all bumed abou tthe price. I could have bought racks on here all day long a little while back for say $200. If I paid $300 it certainly ought to be a certainb model i was looking for or a very very nice DIY one.

Either way good luck selling I am sure it is a nice rack!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom