Custom HDJ81 Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hey Jason.. what hardware is best for mounting these sliders?

Sorry Colin, I'd meant to get that info to you sooner.

You'll need 5 3/8x4" bolts with washers and Nylock nuts. Grade 5 is okay, Grade 8 is better

For the front bracket on the right side you'll need 4 8mm x 30mm bolts & washers. There are threaded holes on the frame that the plate bolts to.

If you have any more specific questions, shoot me an email and we'll get it sorted out.

Jason

hey Jason.. what hardware is best for mounting these sliders?

i would be really interested in the plans for your rear bumper.

I'm pretty pleased with how its turning out so far. Any suggestions are welcome, and the ones I like might get incorporated:hmm:

Looking good Jason. Perhaps some provision for a rear winch mount/hawse, and highlift points. Hard to lift with it all sloped. Some extra protection for the rear corners and lights perhaps? And of course a 2" receiver mount.

Dual pivots would be nice, for two tires or cooler/fuel can racks.

And if you want to get real fancy, an air tank and water tank w/electric pump and hose connections (ala wildyoats I think it was).

Last edited:
i like the idea of somehow building a bumper with an integrated 2" reciever.. id love to drop my hitch and get some more clearance.

So far the design is just new caps, so dual swingouts wouldn't be a problem, however I will have to work out some kind of reciever. My truck has a reciever hitch that I modified to tuck up behind the rear cross member. I'm trying to come up with something that's a bolt-on, and doesn't require any cutting of the rear crossmember.

I was thinking of a highlift jack point, but not sure what that would need to look like. Any pics or a sketch, Enigma? Would it work to slip the finger of the highlift into a shakle on the recovery point? Or is that just a bad idea???

I think using a shackle might be a bad idea, highlifts are scary enough as it is without a shackle possibly moving around as well. An empty receiver hole would work for the tongue/finger, but for something on the side, some notches in the platework perhaps?

i think a shackle would be fine...as long as the hilift finger is securely in the D-ring. of course chocking the wheels to keep the vehicle still is essential as well. id rather lift via HD mounting point on frame rails, than a side wing with thinner guage metal

So the jury is kind of out on the hi-lift in the shackle thing then. A 50/50 split at the moment.

We can all agree that it should be lifting by something sturdy though of course.

Nice work on the fabrication

So I've been working on a set of sliders for a local guy here, and made a couple changes to the design from what I have on my truck. I've upped the outer tube from a 1.25 OD to a 1.5 OD, and on this set I've added a kickout at the rear. I'm pretty happy with how they look so far. So much so that I want to build a set like this for my own truck!

Probably no option for the checker plate like on the first ones, I don't think it would look right with the kick out.

Here's a couple shots of the progress so far.
Slider Version2 1.jpg
Slider Version2 2.jpg

Sounds good, Jeff. I'll be around after about 1pm.

ughh, the sliders look awesome Jason! and i just noticed your bumper plans, uggh!! noice!! since i already have a swing out tire carrier, i could still use a can carrier...ughhh!! :( hmm, tax return cheque...hmm.... ;)

Last edited:
Hey Jeff, here's the finished product. I like these so much I think I might have to build another set for my own truck!

-Jason
Jeff's sliders 1.jpg
Jeff's sliders 2.jpg

I'm interested in the sliders and rear bumper as well, would love a hitch rcvr. flush with the bumper with the tube extending forward thru the rear crossmember? would this work? Guess you'd have to get down there and reach under to do the pin in the hitch. Dont need the tire carrier, either but a jerry can or two? Nice Fab!

And some pics of the mounting. We (well Jason that is, I just stood in awe of has fab skills), had to modify the one bracket that goes under the resonator for more clearance. Please excuse the rusty exhaust, it's on the todo list.
HDJ81slider (3).jpg
HDJ81slider (2).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom