[UPDATE - Didn't pull the trigger] Custom color LC 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, weird configs happen. For example, for 2006 officially manual Subaru Legacy GT wagon was not available in the U.S. (2005 only). But there are at least two 2006 examples that started as "manufacturer" cars, that were later sold to the public.

May as well order a 300 series while you are at it... This thread would be amiss without a 300 series reference.

Is it worth getting a new one? What options / specs would your dream-car include? Thanks,
Well, I settled on a gold 2013 instead of salsa red or possibly dark gray because when trolling the used LC market in 2015-2016 I couldn't justify the extra $5k for the color I wanted. Also every new vehicle, even an LC, depreciates so much in the first few years that I couldn't justify buying a brand new one. So to me, no it's not worth the $.

That said, most people around here are not me. If you have the $ for a new vehicle, or you're hoping to keep this for 40 years and hoping to sell it at a profit, or you just really love the different color, then go for it. If you can't justify the cost, then go buy a used one and wrap it with the $ you save.

TBH if I had my pick of colors I'd do FJ Cruiser Smurf-blue with a white top, if it was available, just 'cause. Proper FJ40 red next. I doubt either of those are available though, so given your options I'd probably go cavalry blue, though I bet lunar would be the winner of a poll around here. Not a fan of cement or other neutral colors myself but then I also laughed at my real estate agent when she said to paint my walls beige or light gray, then promptly spent 9 months before we sold our house.

I just ordered a 2024 LC350 series in Lunar Cabo, 12 inch lift on 34 spinners wrapped in drag slicks.. From my Exec friend . Go smoke another pole dude !

Send me a direct message, we can hop on the phone and I'll explain.

I assure you it's possible, but just didn't pull the trigger. If anyone else has similar doubts, feel free to message me. Thanks

I'm busy tending to my leprechauns right now, i call you later .

I'm locking this thread, but again - it's possible, rare, but possible. Car companies are sometimes willing to do small things (like a custom color) for specific customers or employees. I'd know -- I've spent my career in Automotive.

If anyone seriously doubts this, please just send me a direct message. And I'm happy to share more, just don't see any upside in this public forum.

Thanks - Spence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom