[UPDATE - Didn't pull the trigger] Custom color LC 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Quick update - ended up buying 2x '97 80's instead. A great deal came up on MUD, so went with that.

__________ OP:___________
Hey Guys -- wanted to get some sage perspective.

Through a very special connection, I have the opportunity to potentially order a custom Land Cruiser. Recently I've been gunning to find a clean FJ80, but getting a unique 200-series seems like potentially a cool opportunity.

What I'm thinking:
Heritage Edition, 2021
Exterior: Lunar Rock or Calvary Blue
Interior: Terra, 3-row

What do you guys think? I'm a little hesitant to spend the ~$90k to get a new one (even a 2016 is <$60k, and a clean FJ80 is ~$20). But getting a piece-unique might be awesome.

Is it worth getting a new one? What options / specs would your dream-car include? Thanks,
- Spence

Last edited:
You must have quite the connectIon. In my 35 years of being involved with land cruisers I’ve never seen a USA spec truck come from the factory with anything than colors that
were listed in the sales brochure.

My vote is for Cement. Also curious how you are pulling this off from the factory, especially at the tail end of the series and model.

Last edited:
How would you get Lunar Rock or Calvary Blue? Not aware of a "paint to sample" or custom paint option for US. I was thinking about the same as you though, and I got a 21' Heritage in a unique for 21' color (sliver) and got the 3rd row seats also unique to 2021 Heritage Editions. No expectations the color or 3rd row will really help resale value, but I enjoy knowing my LC is going to be pretty rare as being a last year model, Heritage Edition, and unique color for HE.

If I had access to the Toyota palette of colors I'd probably go with quicksand. I think subtle colors suit the LC in my mind, especially knowing I am getting it dirty every chance I get.

How would you get Lunar Rock or Calvary Blue? Not aware of a "paint to sample" or custom paint option for US. I was thinking about the same as you though, and I got a 21' Heritage in a unique for 21' color (sliver) and got the 3rd row seats also unique to 2021 Heritage Editions. No expectations the color or 3rd row will really help resale value, but I enjoy knowing my LC is going to be pretty rare as being a last year model, Heritage Edition, and unique color for HE.

If I had access to the Toyota palette of colors I'd probably go with quicksand. I think subtle colors suit the LC in my mind, especially knowing I am getting it dirty every chance I get.
A quicksand 200 would be incredible, especially if wheel color and some of the badging was treated with the right colors for contrast.

Darn I want that. I would def choose Lexus atomic silver. If it has to be Toyota, then salsa red.

For your question, not a fan of either lunar rock or Calvary blue especially on a cruiser.

Good luck. Really cool opportunity.

Please consider Quicksand. One of my neighbors had it on a Tundra and TRD'd it out with matte black trim. It looked gorgeous, especially since you normally see it on Tacomas.

Last edited:
Please consider Quicksand. One of my neighbors had it on a Tundra and TRD'd it out with matte black trim. It looked gorgeous, especially since you only normally see it on Tacomas.
Amazon green metallic or cement.
Cement !!
I wrapped MY17 in a cement color vinyl. Never scene another. Love it

919F2F70-834D-4710-A5B7-88F009A5EF2D.jpeg

8F7968C8-EF7E-4727-9DBF-FE082D0A261C.jpeg

3D404699-58D3-4FCA-BC15-4DEC0D7CF084.jpeg

Really need to know how this is possible. You must have a connection way way up the totem pole eh? Or is the custom color post-delivery? Inquiring (many) minds want to know!

Please clarify:

Are you saying that Toyota will paint 1 Land Cruiser, during production in Japan, whichever color you choose? And the paperwork and VIN tag will include the color code for the color you choose?

A blue, yellow or even quicksand would be great. If I had the opportunity to do custom I’d want it to look custom and not blend in.

From the choices, Lunar Rock for sure.

HTF can you do it? I bet you are being bombed with personal messages now.... I have a deposit on a silver 2021 HE, which will be fairly rare, but one off is something.

I like rare. My CTS-V wagon is one of 9 in Stealth Blue Metallic, and 1 of 2 with manual and slick roof...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom