CUSTOM BUMPERS FOR SALE (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Custom 60 series aluminum front.

J

IMG_20200226_121045109.jpg
IMG_20200226_121019884.jpg
IMG_20200226_121012900.jpg
IMG_20200226_121039070.jpg

I have a comment based on observation. I have an old 4+ bumper. There is one
area I always feel is needed to be done a bit more too.
Based on the aluminum 60 bumper. The top deck seems to end at least 2” from the valance.
I added at least 2” to my deck, albeit steel and I can weld steel, but being short I stand
on the front bumper a lot. So it felt better to make a larger deck for my feet. I also added
lights further back to protect from just being right on the front edge.
So my comment is did this come up in your design process, and whether you find
it a credible valuation.
That is truly a nice bumper, certainly setting a standard!

Based on the aluminum 60 bumper. The top deck seems to end at least 2” from the valance.
I added at least 2” to my deck, albeit steel and I can weld steel, but being short I stand
on the front bumper a lot. So it felt better to make a larger deck for my feet. I also added
it a credible valuation.

I used to make a deep platform front and find they twist easier. The shorter the platform and wings the stronger the unit is especially in a animal strike. Also keeps the unit as a whole lighter and still strong.

At the end of the day it's all preference. I had a customer hit a deer at higher speed 45-50mph in my steel version and the bumper is fine. Took out a headlight and front portion of the fender, but the vitals were all safe. He did NOT have any grill guard or bullbar, just the base bar.

J

it a credible valuation.

Also next run I will go back to a standard D-Ring too. The soft shackle idea just isn't hitting the cruiser crowd. While the cleanest bumper out there, IMO, everyone asks for the rings...

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom