Custom Bumpers For LX450/Alaska Bound (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BOZ

Threads
Hey guys,

Just wanted to show you new pics of custom bumpers for my LX450

4x4 Customs in Atlanta GA. This is a very solid build with 1/4 " plate and 2" roll bar. The winch is a warn 8000.

Man-a-Free did the OME lift

Both venders did a great job.

Then I bolted to Alaska

Check out the few pics

Last edited:
Sweet rig! Nice to see you using the 80 for it's intended purpose.

Back Bumpers

Oh yes I did have the back bumpers custom made.

I took this shot just for the IH8MUD folks,

And the mud really did suck

Last edited:
looks kinda cold...sure miss the snow, but i guess i`ll settle for the beaches...

Looks good, did they have reasonable rates? Reason I ask is i am starting to look for a reputable place to build me a set a George's sliders.

moose tested yet? I need to let patrick know if his bumpers have been tested :)

Tell pat that we missed the moose guard by at least 3 feet.

Got lucky and did not hit any moose, if I had I would have clipped them right about the Knees.

The back tire mount serves as a great cushion when I back into poles:doh:

Will have to replace my winshield do to rocks slung by logging trucks

Got lots of great comments along the trip.

Yes, I will post more pics of the bumper and trip.

It was a great trip, Atlanta to L.A. to Oregon to Valdez via the Alcan. The trip took about 7 days from the redwoods in CA

Just me on the trip. Would have been nice to have other cruisers on the trip, because there was a whole lotta nobody in front of me.

Would have been a long wait if I had a breakdown. Packed emergency gear and all, never had to use it. Traveled mostly during daylight hours, which in the yukon was not much.

The one thing I can say, the new Blizzaks works great. drove down some unplowed roads a few times to check traction and no slipping at all, about 2 1/2 feet of snow. The ome's are great for reaching out and grabbing ground.

I will sort though some shots and get them posted. Any new shots will include snow.

Boz

looks good

Yeah 4x4 customs is a sweet shop. I have offroaded a few times with Patrick who is the owner and he is an awsome guy. Taught me a lot. Glad you are enjoying the great bumpers.

nice! How dod your hull stand up to that env?

Glad to hear that you didn't his any moose :) and the rear tire carrier is a wonderful cushion for keeping your rear window in tack. I'll let pat know what you said. Send pics when you have a chance so we can put them up in the shop to show everyone.
Stay warm up there.

Headed to AK

Glad you had a good trip, im moving to AK from Arkansas, in about 3 weeks. Did you need block heaters? How did the center diff lock work in snow(assuming you use one). Did you go the southern route, or the Eastern route? Dang 'cruisers look good in the snow!

stayalert said:
nice! How dod your hull stand up to that env?

If your refering to the kayak, no problem, its glass and so far so good. A couple of wind gusts gave it a twist once or twice.

It did much better than my winshield:mad:

Nordic said:
Glad you had a good trip, im moving to AK from Arkansas, in about 3 weeks. Did you need block heaters? How did the center diff lock work in snow(assuming you use one). Did you go the southern route, or the Eastern route? Dang 'cruisers look good in the snow!

Cold weather stuff is hard to find in the south. I tried to get this done in georgia and they looked at me like a moron.

I did not go with the block heater that replaces the freeze plug. I got an oil pan heater and a radiator recirc heater. Napa has a engine heater catalog. May get the block heater now that I am in AK and people wont think I'm an idiot.

It only got to -25 in the Yukon, and she started fine.

Roads were fine as well , just took it slow and got off the road at night.

Look great. I would be interested in additional pics of the rear bumper. Can we ask what the rear cost you? (trying to get a feel if I should build or have built). Feel free to PM if you desire not to pubically disclose.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom