Custom built rear bumper - installing brake lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.transpacificdist.com
Good day....

I am looking at adding a set of brake/park/turn lights on my bumper as the swing outs I'm building would probably interfere with the visibility of them.

Looking for some input from those with experience with this issue :)

Thanks in advance!

271132315_724693487975_739256886809047373_n.jpg

I used optronix in my trailer frame. They are really low profile and easy to install.
They come in a bunch of different lens and light configurations, so you can combine brake and reverse with a separate amber turn signal if desired.

VehiCode LED Trailer Kit Tail Brake Stop Rear Turn Signal Running Reverse Backup White Amber Red Light Bar 12V RV Camper Utility Truck Trailer Van Exterior Surface Mount (2 Pack) https://a.co/d8IoGsA

That is what I used and I like them alot.
However you can choose to keep it simple and not wire in the backup lights if you don't want, but I did. They are not two of the same light, there is a left and right side so pay attention when installing.

I found these small LED's online somewhere (can't remember where) that were designed as blinkers for motorcycles. I put two on each side of the bumper. One was tapped into the taillight/brake light and the second one (amber) was tapped into the blinkers.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

I found these small LED's online somewhere (can't remember where) that were designed as blinkers for motorcycles. I put two on each side of the bumper. One was tapped into the taillight/brake light and the second one (amber) was tapped into the blinkers.

I want to do something similar, but I can't decide where on the 4X4Labs rear will work. There are not a lot of vertical profiles.

I want to do something similar, but I can't decide where on the 4X4Labs rear will work. There are not a lot of vertical profiles.
I think I'm keeping mine really small and will surface mount them onto the arms of my swing out

I think I'm keeping mine really small and will surface mount them onto the arms of my swing out
That is the only solution I can come up with. I was hoping to keep the wiring more hidden. It will be harder putting the lights on the arms.

That is the only solution I can come up with. I was hoping to keep the wiring more hidden. It will be harder putting the lights on the arms.
I plan to run the wires inside the 2x2 tubing inside wire loom. I'll use a rubber grommet to get it out of tube, and another rubber grommet to get into the quarter panel from underneath.
This is all theory of course....

I think I found them, Revival Signature LED Supernova Brake or Turn-Signal Light - https://revivalcycles.com/products/led-light?variant=258793202&gclid=Cj0KCQjwuaiXBhCCARIsAKZLt3ldhHasUynbdU_SxHvBubc4lmXkyLX_huYRYvSDpYqSOAiRRyLMwzYaAtCxEALw_wcB

And while their web site pics suck, someone has taken the time to put a cad copy out so you can see how they mount.

https://flic.kr/p/2kNqY7k
1659530885961.png

Yeah those are the ones I got. One thing I didn't like about them is that they black anodized aluminum housing fades over time. It wouldn't be a bad idea to hit them with a little rattle can black before install.

And done. Not perfect, but should work and I can change it up if it doesn’t work.
IMG_4392.jpeg

Extra saftey lights don't get overlander points 🤣 😂 😆 😅

Haha jk, looks good!!!!
😂

I’ve been rear ended twice. I’m trying to give these jokers one less excuse. On a side note, my youngest daughter discovered YouTube channels devoted to dash cams. The stupidity is mesmerizing. Lots of shenanigans out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom